show question

Help Support Steer Planet:

SimFarmer

You would show in the percentage simmental division. I would double check the rules for the show because some can be different but that's how the shows that i go to are.

hedgesjp1985

We don't have a percentage division for any breeds at our fair and I have not found anything in any rules.  Im just curious what peoples thoughts were as to which division to enter in.  Our fair is pretty small if I enter in the aob or commercial class I would be showing against clubbies.    Where I'd prefer to show him against other simmentals. 

Ftfarms

Some shows have percentages rules. Check the rules for the breed at your fair and see what they say. It may say to check the simmi association rules.

OH Breeder

AOB in our area- all other breed animals. Small registries that don't have big classes. Commercial show in crossbreds. So for a while, people showed foundation Simmi 25% in the AOB division, because they only had purebred classes or 50% or greater. Same with some shorthorn plus shows, they require 50%, calf is registered so they make AOB.

Check your rule book.