show ration using ear corn

Help Support Steer Planet:

steerpimp

Does anyone have a good rescipe for ear corn? I will also have access to corn glutton pellets.

Waukaru

Just finished filling the crib last week!  Thought I was the only one left using ear corn.  Ear corn is a safe feed that has a lot of fiber, you won't need to add hulls or pulp.  Using a commercial protein pellet, and a little whole oats for pa latability, you can make a very economical feed that naturally buffers the rumen.  Sometimes, you may have add straight corn to give enough power if time is against you.  I would hate to guess the number of scoop shovels of ear corn have been fed at Waukaru to steers.

ba

Used to feed some a time ago great feed . If I could get it picked and had a good crib and picker forget these over priced stuff.
Good feed is good feed it is the cost of getting there that is the challenge. 

farmer64

We used the following ration and got along really well.500# earcorn,200# 32% show prep pellets from Southern States (cheaper version of Grand Fortifier)100# whole oats,200#flaked barley,50# molasses . You can add 25# of corn or canola oil if you want more fat. Feed = 13% protien  .

farmer64

Wet keeps the dust down better ,but both work good . Wet can get messy in a grinder-mixer.