Show Steer getting to tall

Help Support Steer Planet:

S

southtexaspig

Calf is was born on November 2, 2010 and is getting really leggy not really deep bodied yet.  What would be recommended to stunt his growth and increase depth of body?

carman

Feed him more corn and get some fat on him that will stop him growing and give him some body.

Rusty

Sassy2899

Corn oil will help slow down your steer from getting taller and milk replacer will help put on the fat.  You can get the corn oil from your local grocery store.

AAOK

DO NOT randomly add Corn or Corn Oil.  A Ration must be balanced for optimum performance.  Why do you think there are nutritionists in the world?  Yes, your ration probably does need more corn, but get some professional help.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

more corn more fat less protein
trust me, im a professional i stayed at a Holiday Inn Express

Jill

All cattle grow in spurts, I would be careful about wanting to stunt his growth too much at this point, this may just be an ugly growth spurt.  No one that answered your question knows the breeding on your calf, he may not have the genetics to be deep bodied, he is only 8 months old and at this point I would want as much grow as I could put in him, worry about guts in the fall.