show steer mineral

Help Support Steer Planet:

gocanes719

What are you guys using for a mineral program for your show cattle?  I have used vitaferm's sure champ pellet for years and have been pleased.  I get asked quite a bit what people should feed, and I am curious what most on here use and how they seem to like or dislike the product. (pop)

red

Right now I'm feeding them the same mineral as my cows. The Moorman's Hi Phos product. Mine at the moment are just replacement heifers.
I'm sure if you're feeding the VitaFerm product it is top notch! I always was sold on their program.
Another product I liked & have fed is the one DL mentioned in the previous post on minerald for cows. It's Hubbard's Brigade. It is in a molasses form so they're also getting some extra protien & sugars. Sugars help the microbial bugs in their rumen. Plus it has extra goodies for periods of stress. It comes in a smaller size(60#) that made it great for feeding a few cattle. They used to make them in the smaller size in little pails but must not anymore.

Red

cowz

gocanes719 said:
What are you guys using for a mineral program for your show cattle?  I have used vitaferm's sure champ pellet for years and have been pleased.  I get asked quite a bit what people should feed, and I am curious what most on here use and how they seem to like or dislike the product. (pop)

We have used the Sure Champ product for three years and are so impressed by it that we became a dealer for Vitaferm.  If you need to push the growth on show cattle and still keep hair, nothing else we have tried has compared.  We also add it to our creep feed for our sale calves for weaning...helps them keep that bloom !!  LOVE IT!

Clubcalfshowgirl

where do u usually find the Vitaferm Products?? Is it s pellet or what? Do feed stores usually cary it? (cow)

red

They have it in mineral & tubs for some products. I got some appetite boluses at the expo this year. I'm not sure how the product Cowz mentioned comes. I'm sure she can enlighten us on it.
You can find dealers at
www.biozyme.com

Red

nice calf by the way! What is he?

cowz

Clubcalfshowgirl said:
where do u usually find the Vitaferm Products?? Is it s pellet or what? Do feed stores usually cary it? (cow)

As Red said, go to www.biozyme.com  it lists a number to call to find your nearest dealer.  Sure Champ comes in a small pellet.  You use it as a top dress for your normal ration.  It sells in 50 # bags for around $18.00 but it lasts because you only feed a small measure each feeding.