Show Supplies Shelf Life?

Help Support Steer Planet:

blackcows

Does anyone know how long Sullivan adhesives, paints, and hocus pocus will last?  A lot of the shows we have been going to are going no fit so we have a little excess of these.  If they will last a long time I will keep them but if not I will give them to a friend who goes to a lot of breed shows that are fit shows.

Mike

DLD

I've got stuff around here that's no telling how old.  I've got a bad habit of keeping anything that still works, but every time we pack up to go to a full fit show, we take the fullest cans and put the emptier ones back on the shelf.  Once or twice a year I go through and try them all - if they spray, and it looks and smells and feels like it should, I put it back on the shelf... lol.  Like you, we go to way more shows where we don't fit than where we do these days.

But back to your original question.  I think, especially if you try to keep them from getting really hot or really cold, most of it's as good as new for a couple of years at least, maybe alot longer.

Oh, and if anybody wants a bunch of 1/4 full cans of assorted adhesives and what not, let me know... :D

Jill

Agree with DLD, it will last indefinitely as long as it doesn't get really hot or freeze.

stangs13

I would spray them a little bit before you use them on the animals because it gums up..I have some glues and hocus pocus from 3-5 years ago..the hocus pocus seems to have warn down a bit and not work as well as a new can!

AAOK

Luck or stupidity one must be on my side because I have 4 cases of Sulivlans aheisives, paint and hocus pocus we purchased in early 2001.  They sat unopened in the cases in my trailer until I sold it last year.  I've tried a single can of each, and they seem to work perfectly.  All this after 100+ summers and below freezing winters for nearly 8 years.

cdncowboy

Well I used up some adhesives and black touchup that I think was 10-12 years old just last fall.  Seemed to work just fine, and like AA's  it froze every winter for all those years.