Showmanship tips

Help Support Steer Planet:

ckey0095

This is my last year showing and I'd like to try to get showmanship for my steer. I got it two years ago but I honestly don't know how and was wondering if I could get any pointers so I can possibly get it my last year.

cowman 52

Go to the ring and forget about the showmanship.    Just show your critter to the best you can. Head up a little, don't be stiff, be sure of what you need to do and do it now, smooth and easy. Know where you are I. The ring and you will do fine.

Diamond

Work that calf. Nothing looks better then a calf that sets itself. It will also give you the utmost confidence when you walk in that ring.

grandchamp58

my best advice is to watch as many shows as you possibly can and go to as many as you can. That's the ultimate learning experience.

dutch pride

First and foremost; showmanship is won at home. By that I mean, if you do not put in the work to train your calf and yourself before the show, it will be hard to win during the show. Couple things that judges seem to be stressing is the ability to turn around and walk your calf into its stance and ring presence/intensity. Walk into the ring with an " I am the best and you(judge) have no choice but to choose me and I will prove that to you right now!" attitude. Confidence without cockiness.

DLZ