Showmanship

Help Support Steer Planet:

cjcranor1806

Can anyone give me a list of showmanship questions a judge will ask a junior?? I am trying to get my neice ready for her first show next month. Thanks

flacowman

breed, weight, age, likes/dislikes, what would she change about the calf, how much does she eat, what does she eat, what has she learned...those cover a lot of the bases

flacowman

no problem!  anything else you need just post on the boards or feel free to pm me if you don't get an answer you want or just don't want it on the boards

bruiser

Trickiest one I've heard lately" How many steers where born last year in the US? My 16 year old was asked that at a cty fair last summer. He answered it right - after some hesitation.

PaFFA Proud

some questions Ive heard are average weight gain, price of market cattle, most valueable cuts of meat, where their cattles breed originated, what they would change on their cattle, also at our local fair we switch animals and thethe judge will ask questions about what they like/dislike about the animal their now showing.

rackranch

Also depends on her age... If she is young (a junior)then some of the basic ones that have been mentioned... The older the showman becomes then the questions will start to be like some of the more difficult...A cool head and a smooth stick will get her to the top..