Showmaxx

Help Support Steer Planet:

star87

Word is there is a new Zilmax for product for show cattle called Showmaxx that just hit the market.  We’ve fed the optiflexx products the past several years with some success; general consensus around here is that Zilmax works significantly better, any opinions?

showrookie

I'm sure that some of the big boys have used Zilmax in the past but for most of the typical smalltime hobbyist it is not cost effective.  Just recently has the Showmax product come out in a individual dosing package.  Before now a 10kg bag of Zilmax was approximately $6,000. so you really had to know someone in the feedlot setting to get your hands on it.  I believe that this product is going to change things in the show circuit.

MCC

Zilmax will ad more muscle than Optaflexx however the Zilmax cattle won't grade as well as the Optaflexx cattle. So if you have a carcass contest involved with your fair you would be better off feeding Optaflexx. Zilmax is more expensive than Optiflexx.

Meurer

Where can you get ahold of some Showmaxx, I have been looking for it and I'm having a hard time getting ahold of some... if you happen to know where it is sold please let me know

xray88

you know what this means. it is now legal to use Clenbuterol again.... YES. And they cant kick you out for it may go to jail if your caught but thats a risk i am willing to take. Zilmax is a buterol so if its legal so is Clen.

MCC

Zilmax is FDA approved. You have to realize all of these products that contain Zilmax and Optaflexx contain a watered down version. They have additives in them. It is impossible for just anyone to get straight Zilmax.

TJR

xray- if you want to try and use the clenbuterol, please keep us posted where you land in jail.  I'll send you a card for your birthday- maybe even 2 or 3 bdays.

Bradenh

MCC said:
Zilmax is FDA approved. You have to realize all of these products that contain Zilmax and Optaflexx contain a watered down version. They have additives in them. It is impossible for just anyone to get straight Zilmax.
you can get straight ractopamine though. we feed it only on the cattle that really need it. zilmax puts more muscle on one than the optafexx. but it also means you cripple more cattle with it. much like pure ractopamine hydrochloride.

MCC

Ractopamine is used in Paylean for hogs made by Elanco who also makes Optaflexx. You are right feeding Zilmax to heavy muscled cattle or cattle with structure problems can cripple them.

Bradenh

and i was at a clinic yesterday and the guy said hes seen more calves messed up on muscle supplements (because the calf didnt need it) than benifited from them. and with them coming out with these powerful supplements make sure to use more caution becuse not every calf needs it. thats just a general statement. not wanting to hijack the topic

rackranch

I like to use Cattle Explosion by Sunglo... It has a higher concentration of product as compared to the Optaflexx so therefore you get more bang for your buck.  Also, It seems to give less side effects than the Optaflexx... MHO

Bradenh

, It seems to give less side effects than the Optaflexx... MHO
[/quote] i bet because you know how to use it and are good with it