Showmom stress! lol

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

OK my kids are young (10 and 6) and were getting ready for Jr. Nationals next week.  Thank goodness only my 10 year old is exhibiting.  Preparing for contests, getting cattle ready, and making sure I don't goof things up for my daughter is wearing me out!  How about the others on here that have young kids going?  You feeling the stress?

I vote that every Jr. Nationals should have a "MOM'S FUN NIGHT!" Not that you dads don't do a lot, but my husband hasn't had to make a poster, pick a picture, make a speech, study for a test.....ahhhhhh! :p  P

Now that I take a deep breath I realize its not that bad and isn't it great they have these contests that all the kids can compete.  I sure do wish I would have had these opportunites when I was a kid.  I'm so grateful my daughter is excited about going and wants to do these contests.

Just thought us "mom's" needed a thread lol <party> <party> <party>

justme

OK got to have my "Calgon take me away" moment and feel better.  Amazing how a nice shower or bath relaxes a person and makes the day look a little better.

BUT....hehehe....I still think us mom's deserve our own fun night lol (lol) (clapping) (angel)

fluffer

Well, I am a mom, my daughter isn't old enough to show yet- however- before we had her my husband and I would take our nephue and some friends of ours kids to the Jr Nationals.  So about 2 days before the show we were scrambeling to get everything together.  I have really enjoyed just goign to shows and not participating here latley  ;D

Good luck and I am sure all the hard work will pay off  ;)

Fluffer

red

some of my best memories w/ our daughter. We got to see part of the country & met looks of new friends.

Red  (clapping)

kanshow

I feel your pain!!!    Been there, done that, will be there & do it again and again!!!   

Ok so don't do what I did last year....    The kids put their show clothes in the pickup.  At the show, my very wet & dirty son changed into his show clothes and discovered that his pants no longer fit.  They would not snap around his waist.    Of course we all know who's fault that was!    :-\

knabe

justme said:
Not that you dads don't do a lot, but my husband hasn't had to make a poster, pick a picture, make a speech, study for a test.....ahhhhhh! :p  P

seriously, you think we (men) can get anything done? ;D

shortyjock89

knabe said:
justme said:
Not that you dads don't do a lot, but my husband hasn't had to make a poster, pick a picture, make a speech, study for a test.....ahhhhhh! :p  P

seriously, you think we (men) can get anything done? ;D

SHHHHH Knabe..if they think we can't do anything, we won't have to let them down when we fail miserably at things like that. (lol)

kanshow

When I've complained to hubby - his answer was that he was stressed doing his part - making sure the truck had a fresh oil change, trailer lights worked, spare tires not flat, loading feed, getting help lined up for chores & farm work so we could be gone..  so I guess it is just perspective???

justme

Knabe...I think men can get "there" stuff done lol.  My husband has almost all his "stuff" done.  BUT he doesn't have a 6 year old and a 10 year old nipping at his heels.  My little boy has questioned every little thing my daughter and I have done to get ready for contests.  From why did you put that star there on that poster to why did you pick that topic.  Yesterday was just so full of why's I was ready to scream.  Still had the headache today.  Don't get me wrong, questions are great, but those of you with younger kids (right Jill?) sometimes they go overboard lol.

Todays a new day...time to prepare salesmanship folders. (clapping)

knabe

kinda like when ginger rogers said she did everything fred astaire did, except backwards?

sometimes it's easier having a strong back and weak mind.  makes the honey do's a little easier, though i got to admit, i suck at those lists.

shortyjock89

justme said:
Knabe...I think men can get "there" stuff done lol.  My husband has almost all his "stuff" done.  BUT he doesn't have a 6 year old and a 10 year old nipping at his heels.  My little boy has questioned every little thing my daughter and I have done to get ready for contests.  From why did you put that star there on that poster to why did you pick that topic.  Yesterday was just so full of why's I was ready to scream.  Still had the headache today.  Don't get me wrong, questions are great, but those of you with younger kids (right Jill?) sometimes they go overboard lol.

Todays a new day...time to prepare salesmanship folders. (clapping)

My shadow is my 6 yr. old step brother.  Kids that age ask more questions that I thought possible.

cattlejunky

I am with you.  Not goin to Jr Natls, but I do the same thing when we are preparing for Beef Congress.  It keeps you busy just making sure they get signed up, know where to go for the contest and so on.  I have a 5 year old tagging along that wants to do everything the older one is doing and then is mad because he can't.  It is stressful.  Then the husbands wants to know why your grouchy!  DUH!!!!!I wonder

red

What i always loved was some of the mothers in crisp white shorts & wearing sandals. Here I was sweaty, smelling, w/ manure on my pants & usually sawdust in every little crevice!

Red  ::) :eek:

cattlejunky

red said:
What i always loved was some of the mothers in crisp white shorts & wearing sandals. Here I was sweaty, smelling, w/ manure on my pants & usually sawdust in every little crevice!

I am just like you red.  i am always dirty and smelly.  i see the other moms that sit by the showring all day.  i would love to have a maincure, but there would be no point i would have my whole nail tore off in an hour.  i guess we are hands on showmoms.

cowz

red said:

High Maintenance????  SPEND THAT MANICURE MONEY ON FEED AND FUEL!!! 8)

justme

My grandma use to say no matter the situation, one must always be a lady...hmmmmm bet she never went to a cattle show lol (cow)

red

what's a manicure?  ;)  I barely have fingernails let alone manicured ones, also I usually cut my own hair! Bad habit of biting my nails.

cowz

justme said:
My grandma use to say no matter the situation, one must always be a lady...hmmmmm bet she never went to a cattle show lol (cow)

When I was a little girl, my hero was the lady from Texas who had bought the neigboring ranch.  She always said a good ranch wife must always have a sharp pocket knife and a fresh lipstick in her pocket!!!