Shows

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

Here is an email I just got if any of you are looking for information:
I just wanted to let you all know that the Anderson County Extension Office has put together an excellent list of livestock and horseshows around Kansas. 

Here is the link to that site: http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/anderson/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=72

*Note to horse exhibitors there will be a NE Area Junior District Horse Show in Jefferson County.  And they will be having a Level 1 and Level 2 examiner there.  If you need to pass the riding part of the Levels this would be a great opportunity, but you must pre-register.

kanshow

Thanks Jill! 

Anderson county does a great job of keeping updates.  Their list looks even more comprehensive than what they had up last year. 

kanshow

You'd think the state extension would provide a link to their site and give those county people a raise!!! 

Speaking of Kansas Youth & Extension, I hear Julie Voge is stepping down. 

Jill

Wow, she has been in that position a long time, hope they replace her with someone good!

Jill

That probably didn't sound like I meant it.  Not implying she didn't do a good job, she just has big shoes to fill, that is a really important position.

kanshow

I know what you mean.  She has done a good job and it's going to be hard to fill her shoes.  She's really turned the youth program into something -  as far as I'm concerned anyway. 

I'm not sure when she is leaving - would be great if she could stick around til the new person gets their feet under them.