Silveira angus vs Colburn angus

Help Support Steer Planet:

ska

hi! i am wondering  Silveira angus vs Colburn angus. i want to know what breeder has more clubby bred angus with more hair, bone, and a more clubby look.  O0
please help. thanks in advance
-SKA

CAB

I think that you should contact both of those outfits if you really want to know what they have. VC may chime in on this one. He goes through at least one of the 2 outfits that you have listed.

ska

hi, i have called both. i just wanted to know your guy's opinions.

vc

You are asking kind of a loaded question. I can speak a little about Colburn's, I have seen a couple calves from Primo on clubby cows and it worked, but each cow will work different with a different bull. Both breeders first priority is producing quality Angus so if their bulls work with a clubby cow it is a bonus. I have an Alias cow I will be breeding to Primo, I will hopefully let you know next year. The three bulls Colburn's list are all out of the same cow, and she is a Style. The cow is great, her calves are great, their calves are great, the heifer that the young lady we are sponsoring is showing is out of a daughter of the cow, she is flat out good.
Either breeder has bulls that will work, just depends on your cows and your goals, you can try both and see.

ska

thank you. i do not want to beed their bulls, i want to buy some heifers. i just want to know what angus has a more clubby look, more bone and more hair while still being an angus. i want to know what hailers will be hairier, bigger boned, and look a little clubbier. Silveira heifers vs Colburn heifers. I WANT TO STAY WITH ANGUS but i just want hairy, big boned, angus with a clubbier look.

thanks-ska

CAB

I saw Primo Monday. He should throw hair. He has a lot of hair on himself especially for the time of year it is. Style is a great bull too.

ska

thank you. i do not want to breed their bulls. i want to know what breeder have hairier, bigger boned, ANGUS heifers with a clubby look.

vc

Best way is to go look at them, Colburns seem to have something special with their 1339 cow and her daughters. Going and looking at them, look at their mamas, that will give you a better idea.