Simangus cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

bthibodeau

I have a couple of grade Simangus cows that I am using to try and start a registered Simmental herd with. I am just curious as to what their strengths and weaknesses are and possibly what bulls may work well with them. The black on had an In Dew Time bull calf last year and the blaze face had a GLS Integrate heifer last fall. Attached are pictures of the two cows.

The first two picture is of A4
The next is of A7

A4 is bred to SVF Allegiance

Attachments

• IMG_7244.jpg
    IMG_7244.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_7292 (1).jpg
    IMG_7292 (1).jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 446

Lucky_P

Kinda depends on what you want 'em to do and what you want 'em to look like.
We've been stacking Hooks Shear Force 38K for several years - using sons & grandsons on all the SimAngus and Simmental-influenced cows in the herd - Triple C Singletary, Triple C Bettis, Long's Shear Pleasure, WS All In W111, Hooks Pharoah, CLRS After Shock.
Going for balance of maternal traits, growth, marbling/ribeye, tenderness, high API/TI.

Farm manager wanted to try to put more blaze/white faces back in the mix...so, we used PRS Blazin' Hot W192 heavily last year - got very nice calves with good dispositions and good growth out of that deal.  He put a lot of white back on 'em... including feet/legs. 
Intend to use SVF Allegiance on almost every mature cow this year - whether Sim-influenced or Shorthorn-crosses.