simmental bull High Regard

Help Support Steer Planet:

Biomurph

Has anyone seen calves or have other info on the simmental bull Yardley High Regard, especially on simmental cows?

nmcattle

There were a couple in Silvertown's sale last weekend. They were moderate and looked okay but didn't stand out to me. Those are all that I've seen and I'm curious about his calves myself.

wessington

Fall 2011 3/4 daughter of High Regard x Hara's Miss USA. Contact Jeff at 614-554-3402 for details.

Attachments

• Hara's High Society 7Y.jpg
    Hara's High Society 7Y.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 419

Biomurph

Anyone else heard, seen cattle by him?  Thoughts to share?  We are looking heavily at using him but there doesn't seem to be much out there right now. 

forcheyhawk

There's one in the Grindstone Creek sale book.  I believe they have a video on the calf too.  Think it's lot 3 if I'm not mistaken.

I'm the same way.  I'm watching the progeny closely as I've thought about using him last year.  Just thought $40 was too much for me for an unproven bull.  The problem I'm having with evaluating him right now is it seems like everyone used him on their real clean fronted donor cows.  I want to see how he worked on a few cows with some leather up front.  ;D 

leanbeef

I think High Regard sold in 2010 which would make his oldest calves yearlings this year. There were a few sons on Werning's sale that took good pictures, and I think I remember one of them was either the high-selling lot or the high-selling purebred at about $50K. He's a pretty bull, and i've been through some of Yardley's cattle a couple times in the last few years. They're impressive, real-world females, and they look like they have more performance than their numbers indicate. The EPDs are the only reason we don't use more of those cattle. They're absolutely the right kind! I haven't seen High Regard or any calves by him in person, but i'd say the Yardley program is for real.

bpwagner115

We bought a bull out of High Regard this spring. Calves coming next spring.

Attachments

• 890.jpg
    890.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 416

bpwagner115

Maternal Sire- 3C Macho
Maternal Grandsire- New Design 878

Which makes him only a 3/4 blood.

Hopefully will put some pounds back on our angus-based commercial cattle

rf21970

bpwagner115 said:
Maternal Sire- 3C Macho

Showring eye appeal and a functional pedigree. You don't see that on here much.

leanbeef

bpwagner115 said:
Maternal Sire- 3C Macho

I like him a lot! Did he come from Werning's?

bpwagner115

We bought him from Goeken's, who I believe are co-owners of High Regard. He has grown up alot since the picture, he has added alot of frame...more than we were expecting. I can't say a dang thing for his calves yet, but this bull has the best disposition of any critter I have been around. Constantly walks up to to the fence to get his head scratched. Patterns very nice, although his hind legs are a bit straight (posty)