Simmental Bull Question

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

If Meyer 734 is in the pedigree even 3 generations back they just bring a little more money.

Bone2011

I agree with CAB, heck if you say the great granddam was a meyer they will bring more. I think there has been more so called 734's that were not 734's sold than what was actually bred. JMO. But back to the question, there is alot of people really excited about upgrade and for good reason, I seen him sale day and he was just one of those that was soo good  you knew was gonna bring a pile of money, the only way I could explain him was just to call him a tank. But the first calves should be here this year so I guess we will find out just how good he is.

CJC

Well then if that is the case what Meyer son would you use?
The cow her self is a Dream On grand daughter on the top side and a Black Joker grand daughter on the bottom.

OH Breeder

CJC said:
The cow her self is a Dream On grand daughter on the top side and a Black Joker grand daughter on the bottom.

I am a BIG fan of 3C Macho. I really like his females. doesn' t throw much hair.

kanshow

Quote from: CJC on Today at 08:04:41 PM

I am a BIG fan of 3C Macho. I really like his females. doesn' t throw much hair.
I agree but would not use him on a first calf heifer!

Bone2011

I would agree with macho. We have a hand full and he throws mostly baldys or calves with some kind of white on the head. They really do make cows.

OH Breeder

kanshow said:
Quote from: CJC on Today at 08:04:41 PM

I agree but would not use him on a first calf heifer!

I thought he said cow? I wouldn't use on a heifer either. But the post said cow I guess I missed something.

OH Breeder

CJC said:
I was thinking Macho or Maximus.   

I have a Macho x WMW/Angus female that is fantastic. The tempermant is great too. Very docile and was great for a beginner as a show heifer. Expecting a Northern Improvement calf any day.

HVNR

Ebonys Grandmaster from Select Sires is getting quite a bit of attention these days.

Show Steaks

anything mith meyer is pretty market able, macho, maximus, mossimo, 734 X hairetta bulls,upgrade, steel force
The bull that might not be on fire yet but will be in the next couple years is Ebony's Grandmaster.... calves look deep bodie and showy but he still has epd's to boot

CAB

If you are open to 1/2 bloods, you may want to study Gib Yardley's bull Conclusive or the sire of the Dam of Smilin Bob & Captain Morgan, 3D. Both 734 sons.