Simmental bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

gary89

Rendition, Grandmaster, and Fat Butt. Also got 5 straws of Lock and Load left in the tank.

nmcattle

Fat butt, Gunslinger and Make It Rain. I have several Fat butt calves on the ground this year and most of them are quite impressive. I have heard rumors that Fat butt's mother is quite big framed and he needs to be used on small framed cows. Has anyone else heard this? My calves seem fine so far but they're still young.

Till-Hill

Mo Better, Shear Force, In Dew Time, Upgrade, Long's Shear Pleasure, Club King, and Sure Bet on some commerical heifers

Lucky_P

Triple C Singletary on the mature % Simmental cows,
have one last straw of Sure Bet that'll be used on a nice ANxSH heifer,
Hook's Pharoah 16P on one pb Simmental heifer this spring, then we'll get some Triple C Bettis to use on the handful of pb Simmental heifers this fall.

Simmgal

Well, I have already used Voyager and Grandmaster heavily this year. I am super excited about my Voyager calves. I have liked the look of the ones I have seen from other breeders, an I bred him to my best. I have also used Fortunate Son too, and am planning on using Rendition in a few weeks. I have several other bulls like Fat Butt, In Dew Time, Sweet Meat, Trademark, Built Right, and Upgrade for back-up if necesssary. Mainly doing E.T. work and purchasing this go around. Plenty of others in the tank though! <rock>

cattleboy

I have a Sand Ranch Hand heifer that calved for the first time this year! Awesome awesome cow. Great bag and mother qualities. Her calf (Coneally Final Product heifer) was born unassisted and cleaned off before anyone got home! Awesome cow!

Attachments

• DSC00047.JPG
    DSC00047.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 308

WWS

Pays To Dream on heifers and cows with not much dream on in pedigree, Excalibur, High Regard, Foreman, Milestone, Make it Rain, Rendition. I saw a real nice set of excalibur calves, he just needs to be used on big bodied cows. I have attached a pic of our Pays To Dream donor, she was the 2010 Reserve Grand Heifer at NAILE.  We have used quite a bit of Pays To Dream the last 2 years, he is one of the most consistent dream on sons availabe.  She has a heifer calf by Voyager on her side and has been flushed to excalibur already, with High Regard and Milestone matings in the future.

Attachments

• Dolly Baby edit 663 2.jpg
    Dolly Baby edit 663 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 623

husker1

For the most part, an "old school" year for us...with a couple younger bulls sampled as well.

Built Right
Upgrade
Beefmaker
Shock & Awe
Dream Catcher
Ammo
Catchin' A Dream
Chamberlain
Wheatland Stout

a little In Dew Time
a little Grandmaster
a little Trademark

Maybe some Bettis...

Hope to flush to High Voltage and Steel Force...

Pleasant Grove Farms

3C Macho
Duracell
Black Joker
Chopper
Montecito
Powerdrive
Upgrade
Explorer
Long's Steel Shot (gotta have alittle of something red)

also 2 bulls we have owned that are now deceased
Sir Nick5Y (Bold Future son, incredible EPD's)
BBB Ziggy (Zinger son out of Black Max cow; he's a show heifer sire)

SSIMMENTALS

For us, it is: Voyager, Grandmaster, Explorer(F), GCC Whizard, Power Stroke, and pasture bred with a Grandmaster son. List seems so much shorter than in years past; the herd bull saw good use and we ended up breeding the bulk of the lesser simmys to Eye Candy to sell to our local 4-H kids.