Simmental for show heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

kane1598

I am seeing the influence of maternal simmental cattle more and more in club calf operations.  I am starting off my herd and would like to try to breed some nice replacements that will show and that will eventually cross back well with steer producing bulls like Heat Wave.  What s your pick for easy calving, clean extended, maternal Simmy sires.  I am wondering specially about Dream On (and his sons), High Voltage, Macho, SOS and other meyer influenced sires like Maximus and Mommas Biy.  Thanks and if you have any info, please post.

fluffer

We love our Dream On calves!  The heifers make good replacements and the bull calves make great bulls or show steers.  I think they would work great in your program.  I know there are also some breeders on here that have some good simmy bulls!  They can probably help you out a buch, we will see what they say  (pop)  Good luck

Fluffer

Bawndoh

I would also think about Dream On, but he has fertility issues.  That would be his only fault.
In Dew Time, and Ebonys Trademark are two others that are producing outstanding daughters with exceptional structural soundness, width of base, and udder structure.
Here are links to them:
http://genex.crinet.com/beef/index.php?action=DETAIL&code=1SM0094&lang=EN
http://genex.crinet.com/beef/index.php?action=DETAIL&code=1SM0091&lang=EN

C-CROSS

We bought a Dream on son and are just getting babies this year, we are really happy with them.  the maximus are calving now as 2's, they are milking good and seem to be easy keeper, we only ever kept one Macho, he was the biggest dissappiontment on our place, but I know of several that had good luck.

kanshow

We are going to be using the Circlet Antointette Star bull on some heifers. 

Another bull I'm beginning so see some nice calves from is Mo Better.

I like most of the Macho's I've seen but as with any bull, I'm sure there are some out there who aren't what they should be. 

kslivstkbroker

u might try picasso we have some really good calves out of him his seman has been cheaper than macho  also imprint bulls & heifers really got the eye apeal !

kane1598

has anyone had any star pwer calves yet?  he is really bred well and has that look, but haven't heard to much about his calves, any reports or rumors?

Latest posts