Simmental sexed semen ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jd720

What purebred Simmental bulls are available with sexed semen ? Is Star Power,DJ Salution or Dream Catcher available sexed ?

racekannon

I am using sexed Grandmaster. Explorer, and Burning Up this year.  I used sexed Built Right last year and it is questionable quality.  I have been using sexed semen sucessfullly for awhile.

husker1

We've had good luck with In Dew Time, got the only heifer we bred stuck with Built Right, busted on a Built Right flush, and had a total bust with Explorer. 

We  used Built Right again this year on a flush using 3 units of sexed semen and backing up with 2 units of conventional on the last breeding.  Had a great flush, but it will be interesting to see just how many heifers we get.

jd720

Just curious how much was the In Dew Time semen is I think he may work for me ?Did you get it from one of the owners or from a semen distributor ?

DakotaCow

Genex has many different bulls in both male and female Genchoice semen. We also offer Genchoice 75 or 90. this allows you to pick the percentage of the sex you want. This have become very popular and can be a great tool.

Simnetix

Cut Above aka "Fat Butt"  is available in 2ml and 5ml volume. 

redwingfarm

We have sexed  Built Right, In Dew Time, Bettis, Mo Better, and Ranch Hand-bought all of it off the truck for 45-50 per straw so far on results we are 1 for 2 with several more to check.  We think that the quality of sexed semen coming from the bull studs that have invested in their own sexing machines will probably be better than the other sexed semen out there, plus since it came directly from the stud if we would have a total train wreck of results we would have more leverage to get them to make it right than with an individual breeder/owner.  Remember the % catch is expected to be 10-15% less than normal semen so our 50% results so far is close to what they claim as I generally run 65-70% conception on a yearly basis.
We feel that the extra cost per straw is well worth the possiblity of having fewer bull calves, we feel we can sell heifers much easier than steers as we are not breeding for clubby type calves, but rather focusing on maternal prospects

jd720

Glad to hear that the price is reasonable I dont mind $50 but the $200-$250 stuff is just out of my reach right now.I feel that I need to produce more heifers because they dont show steers around here so I am going to have to change my plans just to have calves I  dont have to take sale barn prices for.