Simmental Sexed Semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

sshelton

What is the best Simmental bull, with available sexed heifer semen, to use on an Angus cow to create an F1 Simangus for a club calf momma. I was looking at Meyers Climax but cannot find sexed semen anywhere.

furinsilex

There are several others to consider. As far as which one though i think depends on your cow and what you want.

Here are a couple i know that are out there for around the $50 to $250 price range.

Upgrade
Combustible
make It Rain
Gunslinger
Uproar

and others these are the notably ones i can think of that we have used recently.  Call cattlevisions the ladies in the office would be happy to tell you what sexed semen they have onhand or can get.  Normally they have the widest selection of any since they are a distributor for individuals and companies.

Bar QH

Check out ws a step up x27. I have seen some halfbloods that look awesome, several topsellers with little semen on the market. Jones and guyer and holmes have all had some high dollar ones. Saw 3 calves in Denver, very nice. It has been closed in the past but opened up for $50 conventional, $225 5ml sexed, $150 3ml sexed

Gargan

Bar QH said:
Check out ws a step up x27. I have seen some halfbloods that look awesome, several topsellers with little semen on the market. Jones and guyer and holmes have all had some high dollar ones. Saw 3 calves in Denver, very nice. It has been closed in the past but opened up for $50 conventional, $225 5ml sexed, $150 3ml sexed
Who bought him in Denver?

Bar QH

Gargan said:
Bar QH said:
Who bought him in Denver?

Sandidge from Illinois

CAB

I'd ck out the sire directories 1st to see what they have available in maternal sexed semen. Usually you can get it bought for somewhere in that $30 per range without much trouble.

CAB

Davidsonranch said:
I want some male sexed Combustible semen. I can't seem to find it.  Can someone help direct me?

Go to Forest Brook Farms web-site & contact Jay. He'll be able to tell you if sexed male semen is available.

Bar QH

Auburn View Farm this amazes me, it costs $125 to make sexed 5ml semen at trans ova, not to mention you only get 20-40 units per jump. As someone new to the cost of making sexed semen how can genex afford to do this? Is trans ova price gouging that bad? I was able to get them to $90 per straw on a volume of 100+ units but that's a lot of up front cost

firesweepranch

Genex actually Upgrade sexed semen for LESS than conventional semen in their fall sale. It was $25!

CAB

Looking through this thread & doing a little research I would think that sexed Upgrade or Grandmaster would rise to the top. It's hard to ignore Upgrade's EPD's. Especially what he can do for API #s.