Simmi bull Explorer

Help Support Steer Planet:

nobody

We are looking at a show heifer prospect out of Explorer...does anyone have opinions on his calves.  I don't have a pic but she is feminine and has adequate bone. I wish she was deeper flanked...she's only 6 months and is a little green so that could change.  Just wondering what can be expected from his calves. 

Simmgal

I haven't seen too may calves since he is a fairly new bull, but I have heard a few breeders talking about him at some auctions and at shows. He had a daughter and a son do really well on the national level and  I haven't seen or heard of anything  bad out of him. His breeding seems pretty sound and his sire's dam is a really nice Simm cow. The high flanked thing is a trait that many Simmentals seem to have and if you have a picture, I would like to see her. I am interested in using him or his sire. I hope this helps  (thumbsup)

mego

I've had a few Explorer's hit the ground the past couple of months and overall they are pretty dang good. They are all out of SimAngus cows, and when I bred to him, I did not expect the calves to have so much bone and thickness. One heifer we have is probably the thickest thing we have on the place. But I will say their depth is adequate at this point, but they aren't ground sows by any means. Explorer's dam looks to have plenty of depth so they may get better from that standpoint over time.

nobody

Simmgal said:
I haven't seen too may calves since he is a fairly new bull, but I have heard a few breeders talking about him at some auctions and at shows. He had a daughter and a son do really well on the national level and  I haven't seen or heard of anything  bad out of him. His breeding seems pretty sound and his sire's dam is a really nice Simm cow. The high flanked thing is a trait that many Simmentals seem to have and if you have a picture, I would like to see her. I am interested in using him or his sire. I hope this helps  (thumbsup)
No I dont have a pic sorry...@mego can you post some of yours

LN

I have 15 coming in September and October. I've heard mostly good reports. A friend in ND loves his Explorer's, says they're really really nice. Heard a not so great review the other day. Was told the dispositions aren't great, but all that remains to be seen for me.

nobody

LN said:
I have 15 coming in September and October. I've heard mostly good reports. A friend in ND loves his Explorer's, says they're really really nice. Heard a not so great review the other day. Was told the dispositions aren't great, but all that remains to be seen for me.
Why is it the really good ones have bad attitudes...lol

mego

Sorry it took so long to post these..but here are 2 of my Explorer heifer calves. The black one is out of a Lutton x Meyer cow (pictured).

Attachments

• explorer's 001.jpg
    explorer's 001.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 161
  • explorer's 002.jpg
    explorer's 002.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 182

mego

And the baldie is out of a Macho x Leachman Right Time. These Explorer's are fun to look at, and I don't think you could go wrong buying an Explorer to show.

Attachments

• explorer's 003.jpg
    explorer's 003.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 194
  • explorer's 004.jpg
    explorer's 004.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 253
  • explorer's 005.jpg
    explorer's 005.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 166

thebulllady

The baldy is VERY nice.  Can't see her front, but she's sure deep enough!  I can't see where she'll go wrong if she looks this good now.

Latest posts