Simmintal Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

AML

What Simmintal bulls are hot right now. Considering breeding an Angus cow to one to put in an upcoming sale this fall/winter.

roundrobin

I would be interested in hearing opinions also.  Have spoken with rsc on his bull and he has given me very good info on other simmintal bulls for my angus cows.  Climax seems to be a hot item.  Also on a few angus heifers?

tlcattle

we've always used black shamrock or one of his sons to breed too. gives amazing muscling and they're all gental from birth.

amymeys

roundrobin said:
I would be interested in hearing opinions also.   Have spoken with rsc on his bull and he has given me very good info on other simmintal bulls for my angus cows.  Climax seems to be a hot item.  Also on a few angus heifers?

Curious, what "other" information did you receive?  Can't go wrong with Dream On, can ya,  or what about the new bull Chopper? 

farwest

Rsc is wealth of knowledge and I believe his intentions are genuine. ???

farwest

Do you mean a bull. Or just a bunch of bull.  Help out round robin.  Is he full of bull

Chap

if you are breeding an angus cow, ( not for breeding heifers)  i think you better go with Star Power or Macho to get name recognition and potential premium They are PB and will result in true F1 progeny.  I think other "hot ones"  may be Chopper and Mo Majic .  but they are not purebreds

Chap

my bad, i knew he was a steel force x meyer . but thot he was a 3/4/  turns out he is a 7/8 and regiestered as a pb.  ASA # 2453413 ZCKK Chopper 844U

roundrobin

farwest said:
Do you mean a bull. Or just a bunch of bull.  Help out round robin.  Is he full of bull

RSC is very knowelgable and seems to have a pretty good handle on the show cattle business.  he has a very nice bull(Nacho).  I'm looking forward to getting to know rsc better and see if he can help me get started in the show caattle business.

farwest

Round robin, I have taught rsc every thing he knows in the show calf business. Don't let him buffalo you for all your needs.

farwest

Well ...  I mean it was hard to lead the blind.  What can I say. I didn't have a lot to work with. 

roundrobin

farwest said:
Round robin, I have taught rsc every thing he knows in the show calf business. Don't let him buffalo you for all your needs.

rsc has been very helpful so far so I just wanted to publicly thank him...  Did u really teach him a lot???  I'll pm you.

Dusty

farwest said:

I've been under the impression that Tony has taught you a lot.  Promoting bulls and what not.