Simmy bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

olsun

I would like some advice. I am not a simmental man, but with th, pha, monkey mouth and leg soundness issues in the club calf business, I have been looking at simmy bulls. Witch simmy bulls will give me cows that milk and have the potential to raise good club style steers, and good market animals. I like the looks of Goldmine, but have never seen any calves. Your thoughts please.

red

check w/ P-F on their new bull. They can tell you more about him. He's the bull in their profile too.

REd

OH Breeder

This is my first year using Simmi bulls on "club cows." My first heifer is a 3C Macho and i am thoroughly impressed. I have a half blood simmi out of Mr. Corrector x Direct Hit. She is a great producer and milks good. Great momma and dociled temperment. I also have a half blood meyer that is great for milking and calving. Deep bodied and broody.
I am with you on producing replacement females- I am using more simmi this spring for replacement heifers. 3C Macho, Amazon, and Dream On are the ones I have selected.

Chap

Here are 2 bulls that I think would do well for you. 
High Voltage is a Dream On son.  I would use him on bigger framed cows to add look and muscle shape.  really good calving ease and calves have a good look. He has a powerful cow family backing him as well.
Exclusive is a bull that I own, he should be used on small to moderate framed cows to add bone, foot and look. Woudl work great on Angus and smaller framed club calf oriented cows. He is a good numbered and also comes from a very proven cow family.

Attachments

• thill hv.JPG
    thill hv.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 572
  • CNS%20Exclusive%20R511_small.jpg
    CNS%20Exclusive%20R511_small.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 446

CAB

I like P-F's new bull Amazon, he & DJ Salution are half sibs @ least. I haven't traced the bottom side of the pedigree. If I was using Simi bulls< I would concentrate on making cows. Some of the best club steers out there this year in the simi classes are Simi's with HW back on them ie. Martin's steer from Wade Roger's sale last year plus there are 2 more full ET. sibs to him that are doing well, but right now I can't remember who has the other 2 other than I know a girl from Ogden shows one of them and Lautner fits him most of the time. Man I'm getting old and forgetful.

kanshow

We are using Goldmine on a few heifers.  I've seen some good ones from him but looks to me like you'll want to use him on  a thick cow with some shape.

I'd have any of the bulls previously mentioned on my list.

A few others to think about:
Some of the Dream On sons - In Dew Time, Star, First Dream, Built Right,
Black Joker
Nichols Muhammed
Some of those that are cow makers for us have been Desparado, Cutting Edge, Black Perfector,

I know there are plenty others.. 

Chap - Thanks for that info on High Voltage - we've looked at using him.

red

what about Mamma's Boy? His dam rocks. Justme has had some really nice blaze faced calves from him.

Red

kanshow

Mamas Boy is intriguing.. .enough that we have bred a couple to him this spring. 

Sheriff Taylor is another bull I'm watching - but probably wont' breed to him this spring