since he is late should he stay a bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

jbzdad

I doubt if anyone will want him as a steer since he was born June 20, his mom is a angus Dr hook and sire is Mr Control,  In control son...do you guys think it is wrong to leave him a bull for now? He could be registered maintainer, Mr control is three quarter

Attachments

• three quarter view.JPG
    three quarter view.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Mr Control+Dr Hook..angus.JPG
    Mr Control+Dr Hook..angus.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Mr Control   Dr Hook...angus side.JPG
    Mr Control Dr Hook...angus side.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 149

bjkoller

Up here in the Northwest we have lots of fall shows he could make it to as a steer!  Where are you located?  If left a bull what was his BW?

stumpy

He looks good Doc! I need to run up there and look at calves but with baling and wheat harvest I haven't made the time. Hopefully after SH Jr. National and before Polarmo I will make it up!

yousesteers

We have shown June steers here in MO before have had them make that 1250 range in august at state fair but you gotta push them hard they make good calves fro the majors in the fall look really fresh.

jbzdad

Jeff, we are going to Denver over the 4th, after that will be home ... We are planning to cook that pork tenderloin on the Trager... Lori seemed pretty fired up about it... man that stuff is good

CAB

Going by the pics, I wouldn't be in a hurry to cut him. I would wait @ least 60 days and access him again. JMO. Brent

jbzdad

future breeder, he is only about two weeks old right now, his mom is a milking machine, I will get more pics in about a month and bump this thread back up then, he is still a bull so far