Single parents in the steer show world?

Help Support Steer Planet:

BLININ

I'm not a single parent, but am a single uncle that has been showing with nieces and nephews for twelve years. Me and my youngest niece(the barn rat) have developed a great relationship! It has been marvelous for all of us! Yes it has been alot of work but also alot of enjoyment! But now my 22 year old nephew helps me alot! I wouldn't trade my time spent with them for anything! It has been a fun ride, eventhough my friends( non cattle people) think I'm nuts for the time and money spent!  But when u see your 10 year old niece beaming with pride holding a banner, it has been well worth! Or when she won the round robin showmanship at our county fair last summer( cattle,sheep,pigs,horses,goats) talk about making a uncles heart swell with pride! Priceless

renegadelivestock

I am not a single parent, but I sure can appreciate what it means to try and play this game on a budget! my only input in this thread is that in most cases, the show family's are great people, who are usually willing to lend a hand when ever they can, I know that over the years I have put a lot of miles on my truck running around help a 4-H kid with a calf. be it clipping for a show, or helping tag/vaccinate, what ever it may have been. I never ever have, and never ever will accept money for these things, a thank you goes a very long way, people helped me along the way, and I have helped others as well, and now I see those people paying it forward as well. As a whole, the cattle community is a kind one, if you have questions, or need help, just ask, someone will help. good luck, and enjoy the time you are spending with your kid.

ba

Go for it....she will remember this later in life

They are only kids once so enjoy the one on one time you with have with your daughter

<beer>