sire ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

itk

Jill, if it makes you feel better we once took a heifer to the vet to pull a 55# calf. Now you no longer have to be the worst cattle person on here, I will take the honor. (thumbsup) To much weird stuff happens during calving to have a right or wrong in any situation. Like Forrest Gump said "S#$t Happens." All we can do is try our best under the circumstances.

justme

Back to Full Flush.  Calves we had looked great when they were young, but just didn't grow like I like them.  Plus they have the nastiest attitude I've ever seen.  We calved 4 full flush heifers then shipped 4 Full Flush heifers as soon as they calved.  If I would have been smart I would have never of calved them out.  Just my opinion.

Things happen during calving.  NONE of us live in a perfect world and we weren't at Jill's to know exactly what happened.  Let's not throw any stones and take the high road everyone.

chambero

We've had to pull Angus-sired calves out of purebred Angus cows and I've helped friends pull longhorn-sired calves before.  As somebody said, weight is only part of it.  It doesn't always have anything to do with bad breeding decisions.  If you have enough cattle your gonna be pulling some calves, regardless of what flavor they are.

rtnok

I have a full flush cow and it doesn't matter who you breed her too i've had to pull them all except the first which she slipped in the seventh month.

DL

I don't htink the issue is pulling a calf - we have all done that - IMHO the is breaking a calf jack when pulling a calf implies a major issue - whether it is small pelvic area, inadequate lubrication, inadequate obstetrical intervention - who knows - we all know that birth weight doesn't always equate with calving ease - that is why some breeds have both a BW and calving ease EPD -

I think the tone of this discussion was set by the unfair and uncalled for description of gary bob's character - Jill being mean does not become you - maybe red needs to lock this postor people need to stop personally attacking someone because they don't like what they said .....

red

the post is staying open, what we need to do is quite commenting on the things that were said & go back to original topic of sires.

JMO,
Red

Latest posts