Sitz upward offspring

Help Support Steer Planet:

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
The bull should be used on low milking females ,can't survive with those 30+ milk EPD'S ,use on small soggy cows and seem to work well , but who knows what is going to pop up next ,someone said Holsteins have 22 different genetic problems .....

lightnin4

I have a 3 yr old Sitz Upward Daughter.  She is pretty easy keeper...not fat just stays in good condition.  She's raised two good calves for me.

kiblercattle

My upwards look great until they reach about a year old thn they grow up and get narrow. I have kept a few daughters that are out of thick cows that look alright I will be breeding them this fall so jury is still out on them. I sold one two years ago as weaner heifer to a guy and she turned out great. Has her first calf on her now and she's a keeper herself. The cow stayed in great shape and has a beautiful udder.

cowboy_nyk

Here's 2 pics of my Sitz Upward Son (assuming that they actually post for me).  The first picture is this winter, before breeding and the second is a cellphone shot right after pulling him from breeding about 50 cows.  I find that on the worng cow, Upward progeny can be hard doing, but those cows usually have crappy calves no matter how you breed them.  On the right cow, Upward certainly has a place in the industry.

Attachments

• elvis.JPG
    elvis.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 392
  • 20130830_171637.jpg
    20130830_171637.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 650

twc77

Just curious,was the pasture photo taken after breeding fifty cows or cleaning up fifty after they had been a.i.'d? Either way a nice bull,  I am pretty sure the pasture pic impresses me more.

cowboy_nyk

Do the Thunder calves have enough grow?  I haven't tried him but a couple that I've seen seem small.  He's one that I've thought about using but I haven't seen enough yet to trust him...