Smoke Bomb bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

farwest

I was there.  The bull is as good or better as described on here. He was way under the money on a soft sale. So tj. I don't think I have to tell you what you can do with it. I'm sure you already know. Hed ten times the quality of a lpwline.  This board is monitored. Let them do their job. Its not yours. Now write your ten paragraphs of explanation

TJ

farwest said:
I was there.  The bull is as good or better as described on here. He was way under the money on a soft sale. So tj. I don't think I have to tell you what you can do with it. I'm sure you already know. Hed ten times the quality of a lpwline.  This board is monitored. Let them do their job. Its not yours. Now write your ten paragraphs of explanation

All I did was point out 2 facts that are true.  I never said that the bull wasn't any good or even suggested that he wasn't as described & I never made one negative comment, now did I?  In fact, my first comment was kinda a compliment!!  I really could care less if you like my Lowlines, Shorthorns, Tarentaise, Red Angus, Composites, or all the above.  Seriously, it's OK... plenty disagree with you.   ;)         

farwest

You think self promotion.  Look in the closest mirror. You would win the self promotion poll on this board hands down. End of story. Not worth it.

RSC

TJ said:
Aubracs, red angus, composites & club calves... interesting.  I may not be as unique as I thought.   ;) 

The other interesting thing that stood out, is that the 1st 2 posters in this thread have not posted anything on SP except in this post.   ;)
TJ,  I've always tried to be objective with you on this board, it sounds like your accusing someone of self-promotion.  A little suggestion, go to Jamies site and check out his site and look at this bulls videos.  This is as honest of a bull as I've been around.  I have no idea who the first two posters were and I know the Fred's, I will guarentee on my wife and boys life that they wouldn't set any fictisious promotion up.  Is it possible the first two posters just know cattle.

Why don't you check the cattle out before you accuse anyone of anything.  Maybe you wouldn't know a good one if you seen one?  Don't mean to be a prick, but I will guarentee you that nobody started this thread with anything but good intentions.

I called Jamie today to see if he had seen this thread, he was busy getting his catelog ready for his sale coming up and had no idea.  He was thrilled to hear that the bull was popular.  If you knew this family you would compliment them as well.  Sorry if I'm out of line.  This was a damn good bull and if I had the money he would have been mine.

Sorry for the Vent,

Tony

OH Breeder

RSC said:
TJ said:
Aubracs, red angus, composites & club calves... interesting.  I may not be as unique as I thought.   ;) 

The other interesting thing that stood out, is that the 1st 2 posters in this thread have not posted anything on SP except in this post.   ;)
TJ,  I've always tried to be objective with you on this board, it sounds like your accusing someone of self-promotion.  A little suggestion, go to Jamies site and check out his site and look at this bulls videos.  This is as honest of a bull as I've been around.  I have no idea who the first two posters were and I know the Fred's, I will guarentee on my wife and boys life that they wouldn't set any fictisious promotion up.  Is it possible the first two posters just no cattle.

Why don't you check the cattle out before you accuse anyone of anything.  Maybe you wouldn't know a good one if you seen one?  Don't mean to be a prick, but I will guarentee you that nobody started this thread with anything but good intentions.

I called Jamie today to see if he had seen this thread, he was busy getting his catelog ready for his sale coming up and had now idea.  He was thrilled to hear that the bull was popular.  If you knew this family you would compliment them as well.  Sorry if I'm out of line.  This was a damn good bull and if I had the money he would have been mine.

Sorry for the Vent,

Tony

I didn't take TJ putting any cattle down in his post. Did I miss something?

farwest

He accused self promotion unless he's trying to weasel out of it. He's the most guilty of anyone on this board

RSC

OH Breeder said:
RSC said:
TJ said:

TJ,  I've always tried to be objective with you on this board, it sounds like your accusing someone of self-promotion.  A little suggestion, go to Jamies site and check out his site and look at this bulls videos.  This is as honest of a bull as I've been around.  I have no idea who the first two posters were and I know the Fred's, I will guarentee on my wife and boys life that they wouldn't set any fictisious promotion up.  Is it possible the first two posters just no cattle.

I called Jamie today to see if he had seen this thread, he was busy getting his catelog ready for his sale coming up and had now idea.  He was thrilled to hear that the bull was popular.  If you knew this family you would compliment them as well.  Sorry if I'm out of line.  This was a damn good bull and if I had the money he would have been mine.

Sorry for the Vent,

Tony

I didn't take TJ putting any cattle down in his post. Did I miss something?
Absolutly he did.  He said it was interesting the first two posters had never posted before, insuating that they started posting to promote this bull.  Thanks for encouraging them to not post soon!  Whats wrong with new members posting?

Tony

RSC

BCCC said:
Not gona lie I thought the same thing I didnt think it was the family that raised him though. I think this post is about to go WAY to far and should be ended now. JMHO
I agree it could get out of hand, a good bull was raised by people that I highly respect and I was thrilled when this thread started as I thought they were getting the credit deserved.  Then the accusations started.  Dirty shame!

Tony

BCCC

Not gona lie I thought the same thing I didnt think it was the family that raised him though. I think this post is about to go WAY to far and should be ended now. JMHO

Woops some how I deleted my post  ???

ROAD WARRIOR

I have known "Freddy" and his family for several years, excellent cattle people and they appreciate good cattle of all breeds. They are also not afraid to promote their own cattle publically. If the original posters of this thread were the new owners, I think it would benifit them much more to do it publically as well. Freddy congradulations on raising a good bull! RW

TJ

RSC said:
TJ said:

TJ,  I've always tried to be objective with you on this board, it sounds like your accusing someone of self-promotion.  A little suggestion, go to Jamies site and check out his site and look at this bulls videos.  This is as honest of a bull as I've been around.  I have no idea who the first two posters were and I know the Fred's, I will guarentee on my wife and boys life that they wouldn't set any fictisious promotion up.  Is it possible the first two posters just know cattle.

I called Jamie today to see if he had seen this thread, he was busy getting his catelog ready for his sale coming up and had no idea.  He was thrilled to hear that the bull was popular.  If you knew this family you would compliment them as well.  Sorry if I'm out of line.  This was a damn good bull and if I had the money he would have been mine.

Sorry for the Vent,

Tony

Did I ever say that they set anything up?  For the record, I'm like BCCC in that I seriously doubt that it was the "Freds" or that Jamie, specifically, had anything to do with it.  The first 2 posters possibly did have good intentions.  I never accused anyone of doing anything, I just said that it was interesting... AND IT IS!! 

RSC

TJ said:
RSC said:
TJ said:

Sorry for the Vent,

Tony

Did I ever say that they set anything up?  For the record, I'm like BCCC in that I seriously doubt that it was the "Freds" or that Jamie had anything to do with it.  The first 2 posters probably did have good intentions.  I never accused anyone of doing anything, I just said that it was interesting... AND IT IS!! 

No problem!  Is it possible that someone just commented cuz they liked the bull?  I don't know the new owners so who knows.  TJ do me a favor and go check his site out and look at the video of this bull.  There isn't a great selection of smoke bulls and this one IMO is worth considering.  Let me know what you think.

Tony

OH Breeder

farwest said:
You think self promotion.  Look in the closest mirror. You would win the self promotion poll on this board hands down. End of story. Not worth it.

I did not assume TJ was talking about Mr. Fred. Maybe a new owner mistake.  :-\

RSC

OH Breeder said:
farwest said:

So if it was,  who cares?  Many promote their own on here, why scare them away.  It's only after a 100 times that it gets old.

Tony

OH Breeder

RSC said:
OH Breeder said:
farwest said:

So if it was,  who cares?  Many promote their own on here, why scare them away.  It's only after a 100 times that it gets old.

Tony

Lighten Up. You are right WHO CARES=You obviously do because you are making this personal.

TJ

farwest said:
He accused self promotion unless he's trying to weasel out of it. He's the most guilty of anyone on this board

Again, I doubt that the "Fred's" did anything or had anything to do with anything.  I was just simply pointing out that it was "interesting"... AND IT IS!!  I obviously wasn't the only one thinking that it was interesting.  Honestly, I don't know what the true story is, but it was interesting... nothing more, nothing less.  Could've been the new buyer... could've been the new buyers family... could've been the new buyers friends... could've been lots of things, which is why I simply said that it was interesting.    

I also NEVER said that the bull wasn't good... actually he looks pretty good.     

I don't self promote anymore than anyone else on this board, whether you think so or not!  I do promote my breed pretty hard at times & that does include promoting my own bull that I co-own.  But, Justin promoted his Perfect Timing heifers, RSC promoted DR. Business, Stumpy promoted TM Gus, Gidet promoted her Money Man bull calf, and on and on and on and on and on and on.  But, you don't call those others out.  You call me out only because you don't like what I own.  It's prejudice plain & simple.   Regardless, I have nothing to hide... my email is on this site... "TJ" is my real intitals... my website is listed for the world to see.   It's sad that you feel that self promotion is only wrong when I do it!  But, that's obviously what you think. 

TJ

RSC said:
TJ said:
RSC said:
TJ said:

Sorry for the Vent,

Tony

Did I ever say that they set anything up?  For the record, I'm like BCCC in that I seriously doubt that it was the "Freds" or that Jamie had anything to do with it.  The first 2 posters probably did have good intentions.  I never accused anyone of doing anything, I just said that it was interesting... AND IT IS!! 

No problem!  Is it possible that someone just commented cuz they liked the bull?  I don't know the new owners so who knows.  TJ do me a favor and go check his site out and look at the video of this bull.  There isn't a great selection of smoke bulls and this one IMO is worth considering.  Let me know what you think.

Tony

I never said that it wasn't possible, now did I?  I honestly don't know, which is why I said that it was interesting.  Could've been family members, could've been close friends, could've been neighbors, could have been lots of things... I don't know which is why I said "interesting".  2 new posters ONLY posting about a bull is INTERESTING.  I'd say the exact same thing if 2 new posters jumped on here & said that Doc Holliday was the best thing since corn bread.     

I already said that the bull looks pretty good.  And honestly, it a shame that a thread about a good bull gets turned into a mud slinging contest just because "farwest" doesn't like me or my cattle.  All I did was state 2 facts... 1 which was actually meant as a compliment & the other was a simply observation.  And I never said 1 bad word about the bull.  Also as far as I am concerned, the new owners can get on here & self promote all they want & say something like... "hey, look at my great new bull!  what do you think?"  And my exact response would be... it looks like you bought a good one!  And honestly, Tony, that heifer full sister looks awfully good.  Nothing in my post was aimed at the bull or the Fred's... I was simply stating facts.             

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Hey guys this don't look like a lot of fun, I didn't send it , but was proably an excited spectator or owner an thats what this site is for , an there was a couple people after the sale had some interested people in the bull an semen .  Hope every one can just forget about the miss understanding.  Jamie

jason

Just a misunderstanding, to further clarify every single poster in this thread has a unique ip and no one is even in the same range.  Case closed.

From the looks of it someone got a heck of deal on that bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.