Smoke Signal

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

I purchased a couple units of the SUllivan Bull Smoke Signal. Anyone seen any of his calves? I have two cows I am thinking of using him on. One is a power plant x Traveler and the other is WECC ANgus x Simmi big baldy. WHich one?

red

SmokeSignal2.jpg

He's a Full Flush x DSUL Calamity Jane 829

Not sure, haven't seen too many calves from him.

Red

Telos

I would think he could work best on your Angus x Simmi cow. I have always heard don't use Full Flush on Power Plant females.

red

What's the reason Telos? I've heard the same now that you mentioned it.

Red

Telos

Full Flush already has Power Plant genetics. Too much Power Plant, most of the time, will not put enough guts in their calves. IMO, Power Plant genetics works best on those deeper- soggier type cows.

olsencattleco

You will be very impressed with your smoke signal calves. We sold a smoke signal this year that was the stoutest calf we had and by far the soundest calf we had on the place. I honestly think smoke signal will be one of the better smokie sires. JMO

eric

OH Breeder

olsencattleco said:
You will be very impressed with your smoke signal calves. We sold a smoke signal this year that was the stoutest calf we had and by far the soundest calf we had on the place. I honestly think smoke signal will be one of the better smokie sires. JMO

eric

What is the bone like with his calves. They look like might be smaller framed and lighter boned?