Snyc questions: Cidrs

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

I snyc my cows/heifers yesterday afternoon. And had a cow in standing heat.....long story short, my semen tank is not here.  ??? Also had a heifer that cycled a few days ago.
My question: What will that do for those cattle that were in heat recently? Will they not cycle with the cidrs?

Thanks all! :)

DL

Quick answer - should cycle with cidrs...I'll tyr to explain (help me cowboy if I get confused! I have lost my marbles in the past )
imagine 21 cows - one for each day of cycle
day 0 heat
day 1 ovulate
from ovulation to day 6 - CL nonresponsive to lutalyse
day 6 to 15 ish lutalyse responsive CL\
day 16 to 20 should come in to heat naturally

so if you put in cidr for 7 days you should get everyone in the 0 to 6 range over to the CL responsive range
this is easier with a picture but I have to figure out how to get it here...

red

Quick question, not really in line w/ Show Hef's but it's a breeding question. At what stage in the heat cycle is a cow in when she is discharging? It's a clear discharge.

Red

xxcc

red,

depending on the cow and whether or not you have any embryos, you may want to contemplate this idea - depending on how close you have an ET tech and whether mileage is an issue, seven days after standing heat, put an embryo in her.  i'm not sure how pertinent AI'ing her is.  rumor has it that recips accept embryos better on natural heats.  i'm not sure.  i had two groups of recips this year and two of the "second group" cycled while the first group was, so guess what...they get an "atta girl!"

i'm sure i always have really good ideas. :-\

Latest posts