so good to be back!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Wow, never knew how good home is! I sure missed everyone here too. I am still overwhelmed by the out pouring of cards, prayers & well wishes. I'm going to slide back into the board slowly. It is just going to depend on how I feel & what is going on that day.

For a progress report- I'm doing better. I guess I was hoping I would get my strength back quicker but realize it takes time. Having 3 surgeries within 3 weeks of each other didn't help much either! I'm still coughing & a little short of breath but not sure if allergies causing the problem too.

My next hurdle is that I have to have a bone marrow aspiration on Thursday. My blood counts are all over the board. I'm hoping it's because of the 12 units of blood products that I was given. I think God must know I can handle a lot or I wouldn't be going through all this.

The hubby has been wonderful. He did laundry, is shopping & it going to vaccum today. Hard to believe! Woody & Killer Kitty hardly leave my side. There has been some battles over who gets mom! a cattle friend that is local also fixed us supper one night. It was just what I needed!

Once again, thanks to all for the wonderful prayers & cards. They really touched my heart.

Cathy aka Red

SKF

Glad to hear your back and doing better!! (clapping) (clapping)

DiamondS

Whew you've been through a lot!  I wish you the best and a speedy recovery!  You're a strong person and you'll be back on your feet before you know it.  (angel)

dutch pride

Red, glad to have you back. Lots of prayer have been sent on your behalf. God bless you during your recovery and many more years and calf crops to come.

Doug

Jill

It is so good to have you back!  Too bad we don't live closer so we could all help take care of you.

justintime

It's great to see you back again. We have missed you on here. I can only imagine what you have been through and then I doubt if I am even close! Your recovery may be slow, but as long as it makes your quality of life better, then the time required is not an issue.

Twice in the last 6 years, I have ended up in intensive care. The first time was 10 days and the second time I was on my back for 13 days. I do know that it knocks a person flat. I remember my first walk in the hospital hallway. I had to stop and rest several times before I got back to my room. When I got back home, my first walk to the barn was much the same. I wondered if I would ever get my strength back and if I would be able to do everything I used to do. In time I was back to normal.... well, actually I was better than normal. I am sure you will find the road to recovery is much the same.

I will be fairly close to your home state this weekend, as I will be at the Cates sale at Moduc, IN which is very close to the great state of Ohio. I will wave if I get the chance!

Show Dad

Woody -- if Red over does it on the Planet you sit on her hands and let Killer Kitty lay on the computer to make sure she gets her rest!!! :-* :p :-*

Red, get plenty of rest and do what the doctors tell you! We only have the one of you so don't overdo it to soon, please.
<alien>

red

thanks guys. I'm trying not to over do it. We went out to eat last night & boy did that wear me out!
I'm coughing a lot but hope it's allergies.

SD- killer Kitty was actually on the keyboard when I started out the is morning.

Everyone could really help me out by remembering to keep their replies civil. We can all disagree w/ each other but it's how it's put.

Red

ELBEE

I think God must know I can handle a lot or I wouldn't be going through all this.

Spot on, Red!

"These trials are only to test your Faith, to see whether or not it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests gold and purifies it-and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold; so if your Faith remains strong after being tried in the test tube of fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day of His return." I Peter 1:7
                                    (thumbsup)