sold my bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Joe Boy

I sold my bull, Senor Rojo, this week.  Last year he was injured in a bull fight.  Another bull tore up a gate and got in with him and he had never damage.  Held his tail high, lost 1/2 of his rear muscles, and walked with his right leg in under him and stiff like.  We had two blizzards and they got the best of him and he really got stiff and lost lots of weight.  He still covered the cows well that I ran with him, but did not have the heart to keep him any longer with his pain.  Collected 600 straws last year after he was hurt.  He works best on Shorthorns and Shorthorn crosses.  I have the best club calf I have ever had out of him this year, but he is red.

I will be looking for a new bull.  He will have to be black, good disposition, moderate, easy fleshing, calving ease, maternal, with milk, great growth, and 1/2 to PB Maine.  If the weather allows, I will go to the GVC sale on the 5th.  It is a very long drive for me.

Ohio1

Look in th <alien>e classifieds there are some nice bulls there

justme

I think going to GVC will be well worth your drive.  Give him a call if you have any questions on any of the bulls.  I talked to him about some of the AI sires from GVC last year and he's a straight shooter.  Such a pleasure to talk with, and has great cattle.  I just want to take a day and drive up and see the operation one of these days (thumbsup)

Joe Boy

I have talked to him and agree with you... great to discuss his cattle with...

My crippled bull had lost 400 lbs, but still brought $93/cwt.