Solid Gold calves?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Sly

Anyone seen any or any pics?  Bought a cow out of Glovers sale bred to him. Just was wondering what to expect from him.  Thanks

HCCHSS

There were a few that sold in the Boyle Farms sale on breeders world a couple of months ago. They looked so so. I also believe there is one pictured on the Smith Cattle Co. website.

Wiley

i really liked the bull really sound and athletic bull i would call him small to medium framed pretty sound just really didn't have a ton of hair i guess thats the char in him for ya pretty stout bull really im gonna give him a try i think i bought a cow in the glover sale also shes bred to jimmy the greek i havn't seen a ton of his calves anyone tell me anything about them

vet tech

Like Powers, i got some eggs put in out of the D.U. sale sired by Solid Gold

hntwhitetail

Any pics of the calves?  How many solid gold clones are running around? Isn't Houston one?

fordkindagirl

hntwhitetail said:
Any pics of the calves?  How many solid gold clones are running around? Isn't Houston one?
I THINK Solid Gold is a clone OF Houston (But Houston had reproductive issues that Solid Gold did not). And there are several Solid Gold clones but not sure on an exact number.

CCW

Solid gold and Houston are both clones of the same steer that won Houston in 2008

jlingle

Wiley said:
i really liked the bull really sound and athletic bull i would call him small to medium framed pretty sound just really didn't have a ton of hair i guess thats the char in him for ya pretty stout bull really im gonna give him a try i think i bought a cow in the glover sale also shes bred to jimmy the greek i havn't seen a ton of his calves anyone tell me anything about them

If given the choice, you've got the better of the 2 breedings in my opinion.  I've seen some really nice Jimmy the greeks in the past 2 years.