some calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

Took a few pictures today

Roan is out of a Radioactive bull we raised and blue roan cow
Charloais is out of our bull and a purbred maine cow
black heifer is out of heatseeker and simmi cow (she is standing all funky but is totally thick and very nice)

Attachments

• roanheifer20091.jpg
    roanheifer20091.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 786
  • charolaisheifer2009.jpg
    charolaisheifer2009.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 171
  • heatseekerheifer2009.jpg
    heatseekerheifer2009.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 185

doubled

thanks to all, they are all heifers- yeah that heatseeker has a funny mark on her forehead, she has some white underneath too, she is a little spit fire also, the
roan is a baby already and the charloais is really nice natured too but all the mammas are calm.

shortyjock89

I really like that first heifer!  Did you guys ever get that fall heifer clipped up and take any pictures of her? 

oakbar

Hey there Justamom,

Tell the boys from me that it looks like they have another good set going for them.  Guess I'll have to make a trip down that way again to see them.  Remind them that we have our prospect show up here on the 24th--they should really bring some of their calves up for it--they might do really well!!  They could also see some of the best prospects in our area in case their looking for some additions for their sale.

Lynn

clubcalve

Have to agree that I like the top and the bottom the best nice set of girls (thumbsup) (thumbsup)

doubled

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
I really like that first heifer!  Did you guys ever get that fall heifer clipped up and take any pictures of her? 

No not yet, Kurt seems to be pretty attached to her, Id still like to sell her she is pretty good

doubled

oakbar said:
Hey there Justamom,

Tell the boys from me that it looks like they have another good set going for them.   Guess I'll have to make a trip down that way again to see them.  Remind them that we have our prospect show up here on the 24th--they should really bring some of their calves up for it--they might do really well!!   They could also see some of the best prospects in our area in case their looking for some additions for their sale.

Lynn
Thanks, that hairy bear bull kurt has is throwing some really nice calves, we need to advertise him as a DEFINATE easy calver, they are just popping out of those 1st calf heifers we had and so super hairy - I need to get up there and take some pictures of them.  I was told one of them is pretty darn good. I will do that in the next week or so, he would love to have you visit.  In a couple of weeks you all will see a big change in that smokey heifer, she is changing every day.  In the picture she was pretty young, not even a week old  yet.  We are thinking of changing up alot of things this year, no sale we dont think, calves will be for sale immediately right off the cow, we are going to try and pass that savings on to the customer by buying off the cow as is and save us some money too.  So I will be posting pictures more often as the calves develop and will be updating the web site when these calves get older.  So any calves you all see are available for sale as the summer goes on.

bcosu

i have been thinking that the smoke heifer is a sleeper. the shortie looks good too.

shortdawg

How is the Red Neck Roan Shorty heifer that you all sold last year doing ? I really liked her a lot.