Some County Fair pics!

Help Support Steer Planet:

garett

Finally got some county fair pictures, so I thought I'd post'em up. Ivy is a May Heifer out of a Sin City son and an X-Ray Vision x RBC Cloe cow. She was Champion Shorthorn at all 4 of the county fairs I went to this summer. Was Supreme Heifer once and third overall twice, including my fair. My most successful heifer to date.
The other picture is of my Champion Angus, and Champion Homeraised steer. Can anybody guess what he weighed? haha

Attachments

• Small.jpg
    Small.jpg
    844.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Smalls.jpg
    Smalls.jpg
    922.3 KB · Views: 234
  • Chubs.jpg
    Chubs.jpg
    915.4 KB · Views: 271

garett

mark tenenbaum said:
Hes Tubby-Id say 1500 plus O0

You're right on the plus part. This big boy tipped the scales at 1633 and gained something like 3.13 lbs a day just on corn and protein. He had at least 200 lbs on the next heaviest steer there.

wyatt

Garett said:
simmyman67 said:
Don't feel bad, I have a heifer who could eat him lol

Oh I don't feel bad. I felt pretty good when I walked him through the sale ring! haha
haha i wouldnt feel bad i had a star power steer who wieghed 1450 needed 100 more lbs i was still happy when i sold him tho haha

garett

Cruiser said:
Cool looking shorty heifer! Is she bred?

I sure hope so! We bred her in the middle of June to a Red Angus. She didnt come back in that I noticed, so I thought she stuck. In beginning of August she came back in. So I just let dad's Angus heifer bull in to breed her. It was pretty hot around here for a while this Summer, so I'm not sure if that made her abort or something. I haven't since August noticed anthing but who knows.