117.3 KB · Views: 174
  • fair 08 2.jpg
    fair 08 2.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 173
  • fair 08 3.jpg
    fair 08 3.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 173

kfacres

I knew it!! Can't fool a dairy kid..... anyways, nice looking commerically oriented cattle that I'm sure work for you, not the other way around like most cattle operations are run now-a-days.   Body em up, and fix the topline in the last heifer, and they get that much better...  Love the bone...  Most people don't understand that you have to build em from the ground up

Not going to lie, I like the Holstein x hef the best..

midway6376

Not to sound mean or anything but will that holstien compete with other beef heifers? I know in my area she would get knocked down just cause she has that holsstien back end. Nothing else she should make a good cow with the mild in her backround. And bred to a limi bull you might get that mucsle in her to get rid of that holstien back end

David

The pics arent that good but the black and white heifer overpowered her BEEF class she won her class as well as grand champ. she also finished 5 at sc state fair. The only holstien traits she shows is the markings. And hopefully milk this year. She has plenty of muscling and a lot of spring and depth.

Rocky Hill Simmental

Those are some colorful cattle! They look real good.

I like beef x holstein cows. I have a holstein cow that I raise beef calves from but she's not as spotted as that one (she has white legs, belly, and tail with a white spot on her head). So far all her calves have been solid black and you couldn't tell they even had holstein in them (thumbsup) Her next calf is actually due tomorrow but I think she's going wait longer.

midway6376

David said:
The pics arent that good but the black and white heifer overpowered her BEEF class she won her class as well as grand champ. she also finished 5 at sc state fair. The only holstien traits she shows is the markings. And hopefully milk this year. She has plenty of muscling and a lot of spring and depth.

Great job and once again I'm wrong.

furinsilex

Looked at a heifer this fall that was out of a 1/4 blood holstein cow. that in fact was enough to scare me off. but i was really nit picking trying to come up with little things.