Some of Our Fall Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

Got a few photos yesterday.  I'll get more in the upcoming weeks.  I'm very pleased with our fall crop of calves so far.  These calves are born last week of August and later.

032608_Photos_009.jpg

Couldn't tell you what the breeding is on some of these yet, but most are AI.

032608_Photos_004.jpg

032608_Photos_008.jpg

Golden Child heifer out of our best Meyer grandaughter.  She looks great in person.  I think she's going to be sound also.

032608_Photos_002.jpg

Yellow Jacket bull calf and Jimmy the Greek heifer calf.

032608_Photos_013.jpg

Same Yellow Jacket calf.  I like him a lot.  Check out the video of Yellow Jacket on Kris Black's website.  He is a a great looking mature bull.  Anybody got some $$ burning a whole in their pocket?  Possession on him is for sale Saturday.

032608_Photos_019.jpg

Heat Wave bull calf.

032608_Photos_021.jpg

Heat Wave heifer calf.

032608_Photos_020.jpg

Some that wanted no part of having their pictures taken.  I missed 3-4 of our best black steers in this pasture.  They were in this group and ran like crazy when I walked over the hill and found them.  I've also got two Rocky Balboa bull calves in another pasture that are as good as anything we have.  One nice Hard Core and one good Tyson bull calf also.

CJC

PM Me on the price (heatwave heifer) and what is the black calf with the white on it's face? If it's a heifer let me know the price on it.

GLZ

Can't tell a whole lot from the picture, but that Heat Wave bull calf is pretty exciting looking.

dimebag

chambero said:
Got a few photos yesterday.  I'll get more in the upcoming weeks.  I'm very pleased with our fall crop of calves so far.  These calves are born last week of August and later.

032608_Photos_009.jpg

Couldn't tell you what the breeding is on some of these yet, but most are AI.

032608_Photos_004.jpg

032608_Photos_008.jpg

Golden Child heifer out of our best Meyer grandaughter.  She looks great in person.  I think she's going to be sound also.

032608_Photos_002.jpg

Yellow Jacket bull calf and Jimmy the Greek heifer calf.

032608_Photos_013.jpg

Same Yellow Jacket calf.  I like him a lot.  Check out the video of Yellow Jacket on Kris Black's website.  He is a a great looking mature bull.  Anybody got some $$ burning a whole in their pocket?  Possession on him is for sale Saturday.

032608_Photos_019.jpg

Heat Wave bull calf.

032608_Photos_021.jpg

Heat Wave heifer calf.

032608_Photos_020.jpg

Some that wanted no part of having their pictures taken.  I missed 3-4 of our best black steers in this pasture.  They were in this group and ran like crazy when I walked over the hill and found them.  I've also got two Rocky Balboa bull calves in another pasture that are as good as anything we have.  One nice Hard Core and one good Tyson bull calf also.
Nice calves chambero .. iv'e got some Yellow Jacket ET calves that i'm pretty fond of also !

cdcccfite

What is the birthdate of the yellow calf?  Where are these calves located?  Raising a few myself but always interested in a good one.  Thanks

chambero

The yellow calf was born Aug. 30.  We are located just east of Wichita Falls, TX.  We don't start pricing or trying to sell calves till right after Fort Worth at the end of January.  But if anyone is passing by on 287 we'd love to show them off.

kane1598

Thank you for sharing and I think the calves look really good.  Did you have alot of experience with yellow jacket?  I really like the steers and heifers I have seen out of him, just not sure what to use him on.  I have seen some hairy ones, but in general what is the hair like on them?

chambero

No prior experience personally, but I've seen calves I really liked out of him for two years running - both black and yellow steers/heifers.  The particular calf I pictured is out of a Cunia son (Cunia x Foreplay's dam) and a commercial Angus cow. 

A friend of mine sold a white heifer out of him and a true Chi-Angus cow (I think that's what she is) for $7500 last spring in an auction setting (that wasn't run up).  Kris makes a recommendation on him in one of his current ads or website.  Only thing I've heard is just use him on clean fronted cows and ones that good and sound so they can handle the extra muscle he puts on.

chambero

Here are some more photos I got this weekend.

032608_Photos_055.jpg

Right now, I think my pick of our whole crop is this Golden Child steer.  He probably has more real muscle than any and is great on his legs.  Photos not great, but he's a very nice calf out of a Chi-Angus cow.  I've got another Golden Child steer that may be really good, but he has so much hair I can't tell if he's square enough in the hip or not.

032608_Photos_073.jpg

Another photo of the Golden Child heifer I really like in person.  We'll show her.

032608_Photos_078.jpg

This is a red Heat Wave.  I thought he was severely crippling on me on his right back leg.  We got them up late last Sunday to doctor a sick calf and I put this calf in the chute.  He's been kicked or had some injury because he has a softball-sized knot on his leg just below his flank.  He has finally started getting better.  I don't know if he'll ever be ok or not, but this is the thickest calf we've raised.  Out of a 12 year old commercial Sim-Ang cow.

032608_Photos_070.jpg

Another picture of our Yellow Jacket calf.

032608_Photos_060.jpg

032608_Photos_061.jpg

A Rocky Balboa bull calf.

ZNT

Chambero,

The calves look good.  I really like the Yellow Jacket calf.  Looking forward to seeing them next month.

ZNT

chambero

Our one Tyson calf is pretty nice little bull.  Nothing really wrong with him at all.  Probably not quite as stout as some of the Golden Child and Heat Waves, but I'm actually thinking of leaving him as a bull.  These photos aren't great, but here they are.  He's the second calf out of a Meyer grandaughter.

032608_Photos_074.jpg

032608_Photos_076.jpg

There's nothing wrong with his shoulders and his back is straight as can be.  He's just not posing in this last photo, but it shows you the bone and hair he's got.

Latest posts