Some of our simmi babies

Help Support Steer Planet:

firesweepranch

Just had to share  ;)

The first calf is Skyler, and embryo by Triple C Invasion out of a blackfoot cow. Pretty nice guy, I am defiantly putting in another embryo when the cow cycles. I got the embryos from a friend who picked them up in the Trauernicht Simmentals sale several years ago.

The pair is a Grandmaster heifer calf. The cow is a Pacesetter, and dam to the red Amigo bull we are selling in the state sale next weekend. This Grandmaster calf may be our best heifer yet! The third picture, Grace, is also the calf. Mind you she is only about 2 1/2 weeks old in the pic.

The next picture, Michelangelo, is the embryo we had breech. Only 3 days old in the pic, he is a Harkers Domination x Zeis Ms Zel. I really like this mating, and will try again with another embryo in the cow.

The last picture, Hope, is a Movin Forward heifer calf out of our heifer that won Ozark Empire Fair purebred simmental, she herself is a Real McCoy and maternal sib to the cow pictured with the calf below.

Attachments

• skyler.jpg
    skyler.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 441
  • tink n grace.jpg
    tink n grace.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 449
  • grace.jpg
    grace.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 432
  • michaelangelo.jpg
    michaelangelo.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 597
  • hope.jpg
    hope.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 429

firesweepranch

A few more...

Jewel is just a few days old, and another embryo that we waited a long time for! She is a maternal sister to our great cow, Bling bling, by Pacesetter. She is going to be an awesome cow!

The white faced calf is Arrow. He is a Built Right out of a Lookout half blood we showed last year. His mom is doing a great job!

And the last photo is just some pics of our babies. We have one more due, the most anticipated, a Fat Butt calf out of our good Bling Bling cow. She is due around March 20th, she had twins last year and is on track to have her 5th calf at 5 years old. Not bad! We are thinking of flushing her this spring... The Grandmaster heifer calf is her granddaughter, and of course the Pacesetter cow is her first calf, and she almost outdoes Bling Bling production wise...

Attachments

• jewel.jpg
    jewel.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 410
  • arrow.jpg
    arrow.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 402
  • 2012 babies.jpg
    2012 babies.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 425

Angus2131

Thanks for sharing! I love this time of the year with all the babies. Good looking group you got there.  <beer>

OH Breeder

All the babies are really pretty solid group. i am a sucker for baldies. I also like the heads on the first two calves.

WKYIronMike

Good Luck with that nice group of Babies! I really like the Invasion calf, looks nice and stout. I've been wanting to post some pics of ours but have just been to busy. We've had 6 since the new year, all black with 3 of them being from red Dams and out of our Heterozygous Black Dream On son. 5 of them I can't find a fault with them, therefore I'm having a pretty good year but I hope I just didn't jinx myself (lol). Got my first calf out of my new sire, IC MR Magic (Triple C Invasion x Triple C Miss Wisconsin) son. It was a heifer out of a Foundation Crossed Simmental Cow and might just be the best she has ever had, and that would be something because she has had some nice ones. Here's to hoping our calves continue to impress us and don't let us down :). Again Good Luck. 

Simmgal

Very cute! Did the Grandmaster calf come big? All the ones I have seen have been small!

firesweepranch

Thanks everyone for the comments so far. Hey Mike, I think this is the best crop we have had yet, but we have not had many  ;) The Invasion bull calf is a TANK, thick thick thick! Defiantly a bull candidate, will not see a knife any time soon! His dam's EPDs (she is a Blackfoot cow) kind of sucked him down EPD wise, but he was average size at birth and is growing like a weed!

Simmgal, the Grandmaster was 74 pounds out of a second calf heifer (or cow, however you say it), so she was small! Came home from a church event in Kansas City at 2 AM to find her standing and sucking, just the way I like them!!! My daughter wants to breed the cow back the same way, the heifer calf is just so darned fancy! Packed full of muscle, but not too much, and has a "look at me" personality. Very up-headed and cocky, but will come over and lick you to death! And COAL black, unlike all my other calves this year that have some brown in them. Makes her even more attractive. My daughter was not going to show a pair this year, but might drag this one around. Cow has a perfect udder, the only concern is her front right teat has a white ring from a previous scar (she stepped on her teat nursing her calf last year and it never healed black).  You can see it in the picture, but it is not affecting her ability to nurse on all four quarters, and she has a great udder (as you can see by the pic).
Anyway, this year, for some reason, ALL of our babies are extremely friendly. They all come right up to you and want to be scratched and loved on. Now, we just moved them to the "big" pasture last night so all that might change since we will not be playing with them daily. Hopefully not!

sue

I love the tink and grace pair. nice udder too.

Latest posts