Some of the Babies!

Help Support Steer Planet:

showman ne

These are a few of the babies that would hold still long enough to take a picture  :) let me know what you think. They're all between a month and two weeks old.

Attachments

• salute.jpg
    salute.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 569
  • heatwave.jpg
    heatwave.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 573
  • showstopper x angus.jpg
    showstopper x angus.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 577
  • Showstopper x Heatwave.jpg
    Showstopper x Heatwave.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 574
  • showstopper x shorthorn.jpg
    showstopper x shorthorn.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 562

showman ne

shes actually a tbsc showstopper out of a first calf heatwave heifer. shes my pick of our heifers so far. hopefully she'll make a good mainetainer for somebody

showman ne

i've been really pleased with showstopper so far. all three are out of first calf heifers. all unassisted and have lots of vigor. they have lots of style too :)

showman ne

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
What's the pedigree on Showstopper? Something to use on heifers?

he's a whiskey river x koh cow (can't remember her exact name but she's hotline's granddam) and yes he is good for heifers (thumbsup)

showman ne

oakbar said:
Good looking calves.    What was the birth weight on the Salute calf??

I was waiting for this question :-\ he was a 130# c-section. but before anyone puts it all on the bull this cow had a big one last year too out of an angus bull that  had never had a calf over 75#. The cow definately had something to do with it. She is a Bloodstone x Martindale Blaster. I was hoping to get a good result with linebreeding the Trump x 004 genetics and other than the bw it was a success i would say. he is definately one of the stoutest, clean pedigreed calves I've had.

oakbar

No problem--I've just noticed that many of the Salute calves are pretty large at birth and I've decided to use him only on my cows that I know can calve easily.  There's some pretty good Salute calves out there though!!

showman ne

I can understand where you're coming from. I'm not ready to quit using him quite yet. I have heard some horror stories, but I think he'll be a valuable asset when used on the right cow.