some people......

Help Support Steer Planet:

LittleHeifer

Ok so last year I bought heifers from a lady and she promised to pay my brothers and I's ASA memberships (she does this for youth that buy from her). Well come to find out today, she never paid them so all the points I gained last year are gone. This really sucks, I had 10 points. This same lady pulled the calves my brother and I were orriginally going to buy this year out from under us. So I just needed to vent.
Little Heifer (angel)

ruhtram

Sounds like a sucky situation.It always helps when people are truthful and keep their word...Looking on the bright side, you will know not to buy from her again!!!!

flacowman

I can tell you my mom would have exploded on her if I were in that situation as a junior.  Just take it as a lesson and NEVER let your customer service get that bad if you become a breeder down the road

LittleHeifer

My mom is planning to expload on her just waiting for the right time. I plan to never buy from her again. I am working on becoming a small breeder. I would never allow my business to get bad. I am also a small rabbit breeder and I am always truthful with my customers. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to be cause it just makes you look bad in the end. I have learned the hard way and hopefully I dont get myself in another sit. like this again. Thanks Cruiser and flacowman.
Little Heifer (angel)

rkmn

flacowman said:
I can tell you my mom would have exploded on her if I were in that situation as a junior.  Just take it as a lesson and NEVER let your customer service get that bad if you become a breeder down the road
Good advice. The breeder missed an excellent chance for a repeat customer and free advertisement.

wharrison

I think it's sad that people do stuff like this.  I don't think they realize how much they depend on your good word of mouth to bring in new business for them, and I would have your mother or you remind her of that.  If at anytime someone asks you where you guys got your calves be sure and tell them what happened.  Not only can you bring in new business for this lady, but you can also lose new business for her.  I know that may sound harsh, but that's consequences of running your business like that.  Good luck and don't let this get you too down. 

CAB

justintime said:
There are lots of great people out there, but sometimes the people you deal with really make you appreciate cows!

Grant, do you have some "nice" cows? Good personalities?

D

dogger

That really is too bad.  She just shot herself in the foot.  That word will spread like wildfire.  You know, the ag industry, most notably the show cattle industry is full of really great salt of the earth people.  So I really hate to hear instances such as these. We are lucky they are few and far between.  Sorry it had to happen to you.

DakotaCow

Little heifer, I congratulate you on your aspirations to become a breeder and to sell quality stock! I also have a tidbit of info, make sure when people do come to buy from you that the calves are paid for before they leave your possesion. I just got back from a well known breeders place trying to get payment for2 calves i sold him the 5th of december. Brought my trailer just in case, after standing there and being yelled at for wanting my money or my heifers he begrudginly handed me a check and told me he wanted to call the sheriff. Needless to say just make sure to smile and say thanks. There are people who will rather give you sob stories than actual payment.

LittleHeifer

Thanks Guys. I am doing well and so are my cows. Having a Hard time getting two up on weight but not too bad for the one steer who weighed in at 750 on Sat., but the heifer UGH is driving me nuts, I'm hoping for a late bloomer there. Oh well the other two new ones, the other steer and Heifer are doing great. The other steer weighs in on the 19, fingers crossed. So I am having a better time. lol. Dakota-I never ever let my animals go without a full CASH payment in hand(I understand there are circumstances and checks are fine but they still don't leave till I have cashed the check and have the money in hand.) Anyway time to go get some sleep yay