Some pics of spring heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

firesweepranch

Went out and took some pics of the herd today. Nothing has been done with the girls since early fall, except my daughter took a pair of clippers to the tails a few weeks ago because she wanted to try out some clippers while they were up in the pen. This first heifer is a 3/4 blood Upgrade heifer that is my middle daughter's show heifer.
The second photo, Hope, is a Movin Forward Feb heifer that we are thinking of consigning to our Spring Simmental sale in April. She is my oldest daughter's bred and owned, but she has three bred an owned and two are February so one needs to go!
The third, Faith, is a Fat Butt, April purebred that my son will be showing. She is growing on me, but still needs depth!
The fourth photo is a Grandmaster Feb, that my daughter hopes to take to Nationals this year as a bred and owned.
She also has a Felt Next Big Thing heifer that is an April 3/4 that looks pretty good, she just would not let me get a picture of her.

Attachments

• 01-13 gem b.jpg
    01-13 gem b.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 412
  • 01-13 hope.jpg
    01-13 hope.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 413
  • faith 1-13.jpg
    faith 1-13.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 376
  • grace 1-13.jpg
    grace 1-13.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 370

Dixie

Nice set firesweep, you can be proud to say you raised those gals. I especially like the Grandmaster heifer.

Dixie

firesweepranch

Thanks Dixie! The Grandmaster has been the favorite since birth, but of course, she is out of my daughter's favorite cow (which is out of her first cow that she showed a bunch as a pair). But my daughter now waivers between the Movin Forward and Grandmaster as her favorites. One is more feminine, the other is more beefy. I think they look a little straight in the pictures because they are standing on an incline, but I can assure you they have great flex! Like I said, we are excited to be competing with our own heifers this year. The Upgrade 3/4 blood is one we bought, but the others are bred by us.

Thought I would attach a few pics of the fall calves while I was at it. The first pic is a Rendition October bull, and he has an identical twin that looks just like him!
The second is a Nov 3/4 blood out of our good Upgrade half blood that we showed successfully this last year. He is sired by CCR Force, and has the best set of EPD's!
The third pic is a 3/4 blood Make It Rain October bull calf. We have high hopes for him, he is out of our good Macho half blood that won 2009 South Central Regional percentage heifer, a Collins heifer we bought from the Exposure sale.
Thought I would add this last pic, just because he is cute! He is out of the bull in my avatar, by a Westfall Crossfire cow, and has a ton of white (December calf)! Not sure where it came from?

Attachments

• 01-13 twin.jpg
    01-13 twin.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 393
  • 01-13 shang.jpg
    01-13 shang.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 403
  • 01-13 coal.jpg
    01-13 coal.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 408
  • 01-13 dose.jpg
    01-13 dose.jpg