sonny deuce

Help Support Steer Planet:

kane1598

Is semen available on this sire?  I really like his babies, and was looking to see if anyone had any semen for sale or knows if the owners are selling any. 

cowz

I plan on using him this year.  Go to www.shorthornshop.com

shortyisqueen

We haven't used Sonny Duece, but from the original Sonny, our birthweights ranged from 92 to 106 pounds from cows. Ours have had nice slender heads and no shoulder, although they do have lots of top even as calves. We had no calving difficulties, the calves were up and chasing their moms around in 20 minutes, and not one of them didn't make it to the show string! Good cattle!

garybob

shortyisqueen said:
We haven't used Sonny Duece, but from the original Sonny, our birthweights ranged from 92 to 106 pounds from cows. Ours have had nice slender heads and no shoulder, although they do have lots of top even as calves. We had no calving difficulties, the calves were up and chasing their moms around in 20 minutes, and not one of them didn't make it to the show string! Good cattle!
Any of 'em old enough to make cows, yet?

GB

shortyjock89

Hey GB, she meant the original Sonny's...I guess she hasn't used the ol Deuce yet.  This doesn't really answer your question, but my Sonny heifer, and quite a few of the others that I've seen have made better cows than show heifers.  Mine could be because she's bred a little differently than most..she's out of a GS Touche cow, pretty good cow material from what I've seen.

shortdawg

That SH Plus heifer that was sold at WHR out of Deuce in 07 was about good a heifer as I've seen out of him.  I think she sold for about $ 16K.

shortyisqueen

GB

Garybob, What we've calved out so far are actually daughters of our Sonny son, Canasta, and they are fantastic! Beautiful udders, lots of milk, good feet and legs and keeping themselves in excellent shape. For this reason, we are breeding and keeping every one of his daughters this year. Of course, the true test for females is how long they can keep this up...so in seven to ten years or so, I will let you know!!  ;)

garybob

shortyisqueen said:
GB

Garybob, What we've calved out so far are actually daughters of our Sonny son, Canasta, and they are fantastic! Beautiful udders, lots of milk, good feet and legs and keeping themselves in excellent shape. For this reason, we are breeding and keeping every one of his daughters this year. Of course, the true test for females is how long they can keep this up...so in seven to ten years or so, I will let you know!!  ;)
Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...., the ol' stayability/longevity issue. I still boil-over with disgust when I think of the rippple it caused within the ASA, when Ron Bolze proposed to the Memebership that cow longevity is a basic, essential function, not a ''novel, trivial issue''.

GB

oakbar

According to the 2008-09 Shorthorn Sire Directory semen is available from RL Cattle Company(Guidry) for $50.00/straw and $50.00 per certificate with a 10 unit minimum.  Its also available at the same price as someone mentioned from the ShorthornShop with no minimum number of units.