Help Support Steer Planet:

BN 32

What do you think.

Attachments

• 0330101731a.jpg
    0330101731a.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 199

jbh

JBW and DTW both have a couple really nice S.O.S's.....S.O.S stands for "Son of Salute" .....DJ Salute that is.....he's an older bull that really has caught on in the last 3-4 years.  He's pictured in my multiple bull ad in the show circuit.

gary89

jbh said:
JBW and DTW both have a couple really nice S.O.S's.....S.O.S stands for "Son of Salute" .....DJ Salute that is.....he's an older bull that really has caught on in the last 3-4 years.  He's pictured in my multiple bull ad in the show circuit.

Looking for information on this bull. How does he calve? I have heard mixed reports. What does he work best on?

Show Heifer

Isn't SOS owned by Sandeens in Iowa?  If I recall he is a half blood simmi.

cotullaguy

jbh said:

I have seen SOS photo but do not believe I have seen DJ Salute photo.  Is there any on the web? 

I saw an SOS sexed semen baby heifer calf yesterday that looked nice...nothing overpowering but nice.

jbh

gary89 said:
jbh said:

Looking for information on this bull. How does he calve? I have heard mixed reports. What does he work best on?

The reason you've heard mixed reports is probably because that's the way he calves.......We used sexed heifer semen on our No BUll breds this year and got along OK......but even some of them are big enough......  I DO NOT recommend using UNsexed SOS on heifers........he's usually no problem on cows, but definitely NOT calving ease.

He IS very consistent in producing nice 1/4 and 1/2 bloods.....even on clubby bred cows.  They're not overwhelming anywhere...BUT....generally GOOD everywhere.

DTW

The bull calf i have was born unassisted out of a second calver at day 280.  Havent gotten a picture of him but he even stands out with all the clubby bred calves. 
I would agree with brad hook after calving a couple of them.  Heifer calves are ok for first calf heifers but the bull calves would be a little stouter.  Especially if you bred him to a real clubby female.

jbw

I think that he is very consistant. He is maternal bred, but he throws look, hair bone, and is clean, clean.  He is not going to make a whole pile of "GREAT STEERS", but he will be very consistant. They get better every day they are alive.  This is the second year that I have had SOS calves. I just flushed a cow to him and am flushing another with sexed semen.

He does work well with clubby cows.

Tadpolio and greenbeaner have some sos calves as well. How are they doing fellas??

tadpole

Ours are doing really well.  As brad, dtw, and jbw have said the calves are very consistant.  We even got all hfrs out of him this year besides a twin bull!!  We used him mostly on angus cows.  There are not any real showy ones ( with the exception of one, a hfr out of a heatseeker cow that at this point is the best hfr that I have ever raised) but they are going to make some really nice solid replacements.  I am very pleased with the sos calves we have had and really havent seen an sos that I havent liked.  The sos breds on the no bull sale were pretty neat.  Ill be using him again.