soundest bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

justintime

Are you wanting clubby bulls or just good sound structured bulls? If you want a Shorthorn, I can recommend two of my herd sires. Wolf Willow Major Leroy is extremely sound structured and he certainly will add thickness and rear quarterand fleshing ability. He also adds muscle and his first daughters in production have good udders and stay in excellent condition. When Semex International purchased the world semen rights in him, they advertised him as the soundest structured bull in their entire line-up of sires. The other bull I would recommend is Saskvalley Pioneer 126P. Pioneer was the 06 Canadian National Champion and he was probably the soundest made bull I have ever seen. His feet and legs were immaculate, and they were placed on his four corners. He will add overall volume and capacity, and he sires excellent calves of both sexes.

mark tenenbaum

UB MAD MAX-soundest most behind the times big bull I ever raised-last of the giraffes-there were some good show hiefers that went back to him. He was the most structually correct bull of that era. The great grandaughter out of max rosa by sonny looks alot like him -only thick etc- Strong blood. O0

Joe Boy

xxcc said:
Wildberry's Pd Marketman (maine bull)

My bull I bought from Mike out of Marketman makes them very sound.  He does not make them clubby, but sound and later we will breed the heifers to clubby bulls but not the first time.  We have 4 that we put with a bull that is an Ali Chi-Angus bull who's calves weighed 45-58 lbs last Fall.  One thing I like about them is they are finer boned when young and really take off growing about a month before weaning out of my clubby type heifers.  They can walk all day long.  Their feet are all facing the front, unlike some club calves.  They are wide enough, right tailheads, black, polled, moderate, with very decent fronts.  BW's have been a wide range though.  One heifer who got out into the wheat last year during a Spring flood and we could not get her back in the heifer pasture until we were able to repair the fences had a calf that weighed 120 but she had it fine on her own.  Most of the calves have been 48-80 lbs. with a couple in the mid 80's.  All are small enough boned to come pretty easy.  They are long and slinder, but develop hip after they are 2 months old.  I have 5 bulls out of heifers that you would think are club calves by looking at their rear ends.  I like the bull better every day.  Except he crippled my Lifeline bull.

beefy

i like gvc nobelman. awsome calving ease,  sound, solid black and polled and come fall big scale tippin calves that when born looked like black longhorns    <cowboy>

TMJ Show Cattle

Not many bulls will make one "sound"if the cow isn't sound.But alot of bulls will sire bad legged cattle on sound" cows.