soybean hulls?

Help Support Steer Planet:

CJ_ROCHHOLZ

has anyone tried putting soybean hulls in your grind and mix feed? does it work like cotton seed hulls?

shortyjock89

We use them pretty extensively.  We use them as a protein source and roughage in show heifer feed. I know my dad uses a lot of them in his cow and bull developer feeds.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
They usually aree a cheaper feed in this area and receently that has been a big concern....We use it in our creep with distillers (dry) ,beet pulp ,oats and some sunseeed meal ....Can't afford that 680 dollar show feed it is reeally good but were getting along good with something a lot cheaper
and really easier to get .....

Bi-Lane Livestock

Could use a little soy hulls to Offset cost but won't "fill out" like beet pulp or cotton, it's not a substitute for those products....too much digestible energy:NDF ratio when compared.

CJ_ROCHHOLZ

i also have kents beef blender and it should have cotton seed hulls and beet pulp in it i could be wrong though but it is kents new grind and mix product

Tyler

I use soy hulls to cheapen feed sometimes as well but I just checked today and here in central So. Dak. hulls are $240/ton and I figured corn to be $252.  Basically no difference for the feed value. 
What are some prices you've paid lately for soy hulls?