Special thanks to Justin Olson!

Help Support Steer Planet:

LazyGLowlines

We just wanted to thank Justin for helping us at the stock show.  He showed up at our pen just as I was getting ready to wash cattle (took 11, had 9 left to wash).  He helped blow out cattle - I washed and he dried (sounds like dishes, huh?).  Then he showed up the next day just in time to show cattle.  And wouldn't you know, every one he showed had an attitude!  When we were done showing he stuck around and helped us load up.  Justin, we really appreciate all your help!  We just wanted to let everyone know what a great person Justin is. 

CM Cattle

Justin seems like a really good guy, and he is getting a really good reputation in the cattle industry. Sounds like a really good choice as a new moderator. Keep up the good work justin!!!

TJ

I was glad to hear that Justin helped you guys out because I knew that you were a little short handed.  Hope that Denver went well for you guys!    Wished that I could've gone, but too many obstacles to overcome to get away.  If the shows had been on Thursday/Friday instead of Wednesday/Thursday, I would've be able to have driven out though.   

garett

Yeah Justin is a pretty great guy. Ive talked to him on occasion and asked a lotta questions and he has never ceased to give me a correct answer. He sure does know a lot about cattle, and Im pretty sure he still has an exceptional heifer for sale.  (thumbsup)

shortyjock89

LazyG- Glad I could help. I couldn't imagine getting all those calves washed and blown by myself!  I had a good time helping you guys out, even if the calves didn't always win.  Thanks a lot for the kind words, I really appreciate it!

If anyone is at a show that I'll be at, don't hesitate to ask for help if you think you'll need it.  I really enjoy helping out (if I can), and I like to learn new things too! 

Thanks everybody, you're gonna make me blush if you keep up this kinda thing  (lol)

showtime

You don't have time anymore, expo is in 30 days its go time.

Hi, Justin

shortyjock89

showtime said:
You don't have time anymore, expo is in 30 days its go time.

Hi, Justin

And we're getting really excited for it too! I hope to get the girls out at the Purdue AGR before then, I heard it's the first weekend in Feb. this year.  You had better come by the stalls and see your little girl, she's really grown up!

TJ

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
I really enjoy helping out (if I can), and I like to learn new things too! 

So does that mean that you like conducting "grooming experiments" on other peoples cattle?   Just kidding... (lol)

Seriously, Justin is a real good guy... good help too... very knowledgeable... he's not afraid to get his knees dirty (see his avatar picture for proof)... & he is always seeking to learn more.  A+ help, IMHO. 

shortyjock89

Hey now!  My "experiments" like using RustOleum paint on your heifer at NAILE usually turn out really good! You can't see the white on her very much.

Just wait until I get turned loose on the calves at the KY Expo, I don't think you've ever seen me go ALL OUT on a calf of my own yet  (lol)

TJ

Hey now!  My "experiments" like using RustOleum paint on your heifer at NAILE usually turn out really good! You can't see the white on her very much.

Just wait until I get turned loose on the calves at the KY Expo, I don't think you've ever seen me go ALL OUT on a calf of my own yet  (lol)

I like giving you a hard time, but you already know that.  The RustOleum thing did turn out "really good!"...  winning Reserve Champ Female behind the eventual National Champ Female is a feat that is kinda hard to to top, IMHO, & she certainly looked good.  I rated you an A+, but it sounds like you've been holding back on me a bit, so after the Beef Expo, I may have to give you an A+++ rating.  You might even get a chance to see me in action & watch all my methods of "how not to fit"!  (lol)                                   

shortyjock89

I'm just sayin, I've never had the chance to really fit a REALLY shaggy one for you, but the calves at NAILE were pretty hairy. I had to clip them like breeding stock, and the Expo will be a clubbier type deal.  I'm gettin jazzed up for it.  PM me with info on how to register your calf for you so we can get it shown there!

TJ

I'm just sayin, I've never had the chance to really fit a REALLY shaggy one for you, but the calves at NAILE were pretty hairy. I had to clip them like breeding stock, and the Expo will be a clubbier type deal.  I'm gettin jazzed up for it.  PM me with info on how to register your calf for you so we can get it shown there!

I know.  Again, just giving you a hard time.  I bet you are going to do well at the Expo & I can't wait to see them! 

Sending you a PM now.