Spread the Wealth II

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

Dusty said:
He said there is only one group of people in this country that should be provided welfare from the government and that is disabled veterans. 

(thumbsup)

I love the Nuge.  Anyone ever watch his reality show that he had on vh1, hilarious.

JbarL

knabe said:
JbarL said:
seems theres alot of preaching to the choir among the right here........

yup.

obama is maybe shifting from 250 to 200.

jbarl, as a union guy, what do you think of card check? where you lose anonimity on your voting?
alot of companies that are being uniionized are requesting that in order for you to vote in a union you have to be recogonized by signing a card...which in turn, labels you as a what ever......i have no problem with that........if you fear your employer that much, probally explains why they want solidarity in the first place.....so a show of hands or a signed card dont really matter to folks that have had it.......kinda like the cards legal immigrants signed to become citizens...not much reason for anonimity now is there?  jbarl

knabe

JbarL said:
note sure what you mean....are you talking about hand count?

card check, a right wing conspiracy?

http://wolfpangloss.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/cpusa-supports-clinton-or-obama-and-card-check/

the right of a worker to vote on unionization without his boss or coworkers knowing how he voted.

card check would supposedly allow people to see how you voted.

what i don't get is how the electorate supposedly disagrees with most of everything both sides want to do, especially the democrats, yet everyone wants a democratic controlled everything.  psychotic

knabe

alot of companies that are being uniionized are requesting that in order for you to vote in a union you have to be recogonized by signing a card...which in turn, labels you as a what ever......i have no problem with that........if you fear your employer that much, probally explains why they want solidarity in the first place.....so a show of hands or a signed card dont really matter to folks that have had it.......kinda like the cards legal immigrants signed to become citizens...not much reason for anonimity now is there?   jbarl
[/quote]

i'm not clear on this.  you want people to know how everyone votes? 

farwest

Just saw on cnn where they interviewed 10 6th grade black students from the Ron Clark acadamy in Atlanta.  How would they vote, 9 of 10 for obama, must have offered the one a day off from school to say he'd vote for McCain.  This election is so racial, from the black side that is, what sucks is McCain will get a minute per cent of blacks, and will give the crazy white hollywood type liberals to obama on top of them to give obama majority.

JbarL

knabe said:
alot of companies that are being uniionized are requesting that in order for you to vote in a union you have to be recogonized by signing a card...which in turn, labels you as a what ever......i have no problem with that........if you fear your employer that much, probally explains why they want solidarity in the first place.....so a show of hands or a signed card dont really matter to folks that have had it.......kinda like the cards legal immigrants signed to become citizens...not much reason for anonimity now is there?   jbarl

i'm not clear on this.  you want people to know how everyone votes? 
[/quote]

first try and grasp the union theory...this is so hard for most poeple.....but try and imagine the state police union...thats one that most dont seems to mind....or the firefighters union....thats another one that folks dont make a big anti union stink about......but try...number one...what happens to one employee happens to another......good or bad.....when a vote is necessary for anything in a union enviorment, it is never unamious.....never....but the outcome effects all.  this effort by companies is so antiquated in policy that it will probally do more to rebuild unions  than deter them.  once united by circumstances why hide under anomonity ?  what happens when they have more people wanting to sign cards than they have jobs??.....i think thats what this old time management practice/theory is going to backfire and  lead to.  it will however sort out the ones that dont have a social security number....i would be more interested in keeping my anonimity signing up for bush's "illegal" immigrant card he wants all the illegals to have  so they can work for the "american illegal workers union"......odd how they want us to accept that unionization with the same zeal as we do the police/ and firefighters unions.....buy amercian     jbarl

knabe

JbarL said:
 once united by circumstances why hide under anomonity ?  what happens when they have more people wanting to sign cards than they have jobs??.....i think thats what this old time management practice/theory is going to backfire and  lead to.  it will however sort out the ones that dont have a social security number....i would be more interested in keeping my anonimity signing up for bush's "illegal" immigrant card he wants all the illegals to have  so they can work for the "american illegal workers union"......odd how they want us to accept that unionization with the same zeal as we do the police/ and firefighters unions.....buy amercian     jbarl

got it.  the trouble with everyone knowing, is that it stifles changing things.  it's like the fairness doctrine.  to me, the police union, firefighter union, prison guard union, teachers union, govt employees union, have farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to much power compared to their employer, the taxpayer.  there is almost NEVER a reduction in benefits, just an ever increasing incrementalist virus.  to me, the only union not represented is the taxpayer union.  say i didn't like what the union was doing.  i got labeled as a renegade and was ostracized for saying we are driving companies out of business with our demands.  i would get frozen out.  what is the point of fake unity?  then it becomes a battle of fake unity, much like the arms race and subsidies.  this stuff is so bogus.  basically this could be solved if the government woudln't regulate to basically mandate large companies and make it difficult for smaller ones to compete.  to me, congress and unions are the mafia.

the issue with illegals, is economic vacuums and property rights.  most country's have poor property rights.  this must be why democrats want to eliminate property rights so we can compete better with country's that don't have them.  this issue is becoming more clear to me now.  individual liberty is the issue. 

buckeye

I am white, a Union member, a farmer and I am voting OBAMA!!! so if this was so racial for me dont you think I would vote for McCain?

farwest

I am a white, union member with a union job, farmer/rancher.  i will vote for McCain.  The union is what must sway you to Obama, and my OPINION would be you being a white farmer you are in a small minority voting for Obama.  But you've made my point, how many black farmers are voting for McCain, way smaller percent than white farmers.  I didn't say racial from you're (white) side, i said from the black side.

knabe

i need the halve from the haver so that i can have my halve and be a haver just like the haver.

how many halves have you be having you haver.

i'm betting that the havers will be hiding not only their halve, but everyone else's halve as well.

perhaps obama will reenact the gold confiscation law again.  he gotta be having that too.

tru dat mane

JbarL

knabe said:
JbarL said:
 once united by circumstances why hide under anomonity ?  what happens when they have more people wanting to sign cards than they have jobs??.....i think thats what this old time management practice/theory is going to backfire and  lead to.  it will however sort out the ones that dont have a social security number....i would be more interested in keeping my anonimity signing up for bush's "illegal" immigrant card he wants all the illegals to have  so they can work for the "american illegal workers union"......odd how they want us to accept that unionization with the same zeal as we do the police/ and firefighters unions.....buy amercian     jbarl

the issue with illegals, is economic vacuums and property rights.  most country's have poor property rights.  this must be why democrats want to eliminate property rights so we can compete better with country's that don't have them.  this issue is becoming more clear to me now.  individual liberty is the issue. 

the issue with illegals is they are illegal.......reguardless of vacume or propety......if yoiu really believe unions have to much power, how can you stand for a republican administration ( mccain included) that wants to "organize" them in an orderly fashion, to provide an illegal  labor work force ?....why not let the laborers/electricians/carpenters /welders and pipefitters union do the "organizing"....for a " group" so opposed to governement controled anything.....why does the bush's and mccains admin. want in the labor business so bad anyway?....isnt that even bigger governement?...or is it because they want the same leverage on day labor as they do air traffic control labor?  its going to take some muscle/ and hands on labor to get this country built back up....which in turn is going to take "groups" of labor....can anyone tell me why our tax dollars need to be spent on a governement program to fund/and run  the " illegal workers union"?  who did all this work before all the illegals took it over anyway.....at least the amercian union members are all legal citizens....why not use the labor organizations to "sort out" the illegals....i quarantee you they would have there address, ss number, and all papers in order before they started to work....no papers, no proof of legal status....no work...( and straight to jail as far as i'm concerned)  and no tax dollars or government spending necessary. i'm sure there thousands of iraqis that would love to come here and work....maybe mccain can get them in the program...bush was so "matter of fact" when he talked about " jobs amercians wont do"....and we swallowed it...hook line and sinker....he just convientely  forgot to list and itemize them......odd when a labor organization uses your pension/ 401 k ect...its racettering/ and embelezement.( 20 yrs in prison ) ..when your company does it...its called .....capital monies and bankruptcy.....kinda a play on words it seems...like a kid who "abuses" drugs...and a politican who "experiments" with drugs.....call it what you wnat....someone is going to organize this counties work force and start getting some stuff done...roads/ rebuilding the railroads/ bridges/ power plants/  hows about building some new jails for our illegal workers union members...let them do it....they are quite an industrious bunch...these folks are doing electrical work/ plumbing/painting/dry wall....its not all the field and slaughterhouse jobs we see and here so much of...does anyone have that  list of jobs that amercians wont do, and how many  illegals we expect it will take to fill this critical "void" in our labor pool?  jbarl

knabe

um feinstein wants to organize them.  she's been trying ever since she got in the senate.  she writes most of the bills for this, always including amnesty and no provision for balance for other groups around the world that accomodates assimilation rather than enclave creation.

feinstein also wrote in her bill a provision that SHE is the negotiator for their salary, not the workers themselves.  maybe that's the farms too, basically freezing their wages, probably to fit in with subsidy payments and predictability.

social security fraud is 7 years in prison and 250k fine.

still not clear why anyone needs to know how anyone voted, whether it be for a union or anything else.

as we don't breed, we need illegals to help us in convalescence.  demographics will occur before me or you dies.

i don't like the abuse vs. expmt exceptions either.  the law definately is not blind.

i sense repeated instances of archimedes type deaths in our spiral to insignificance.  any reason to doubt the demographic trend?

farwest

Obama is paying for 30 minutes air time tomorrow nite on the major networks, he seems overly desperate to become president.  Where is he getting all this money and what all promises has he made for getting it.  It makes me nervous he's desperate for the wrong reasons, time will tell.

knabe

where is the congregation?

i haven't met anyone who isn't decided other than kids who said they were going to vote and ended up not being registered.

oakbar

I'm still having trouble with the address--big surprise to those who know my computer skills.  Anyway, go to you tube and listen to the NPR recording of Obama discussing redistribution of wealth in 2001 while he was a state congressman and law professor.  Gives you an idea of "what lies beneath" his campaign personna!!!

Dusty

Here is an excerpt from Ayn Rand's book "The Foutainhead".  The book champions individualism and personal liberty.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thousands of years ago, the first man discovered how to make fire. He was probably burned at the stake he had taught his brothers to light, but he left them a gift they had not conceived, and he lifted darkness off the earth.

Throughout the centuries, there were men who took first steps down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision. The great creators -- the thinkers, the artists, the scientists, the inventors -- stood alone against the men of their time. Every new thought was opposed; every new invention was denounced. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered, and they paid. But they won.

No creator was prompted by a desire to please his brothers. His brothers hated the gift he offered.

His truth was his only motive.

His work was his only goal.

His work -- not those who used it.

His creation -- not the benefits others derived from it -- the creation which gave form to his truth.

He held his truth above all things and against all men. He went ahead whether others agreed with him or not, with his integrity as his only banner. He served nothing and no one. He lived for himself. And only by living for himself was he able to achieve the things which are the glory of mankind. Such is the nature of achievement. Man cannot survive except through his mind. He comes on earth unarmed. His brain is his only weapon. But the mind is an attribute of the individual. There is no such thing as a collective brain. The man who thinks must think and act on his own. The reasoning mind cannot work under any form of compulsion. It cannot be subordinated to the needs, opinions, or wishes of others. It is not an object of sacrifice.

The creator stands on his own judgment; the parasite follows the opinions of others.

The creator thinks; the parasite copies.

The creator produces; the parasite loots.

The creator's concern is the conquest of nature; the parasite's concern is the conquest of men.

The creator requires independence. He neither serves nor rules. He deals with men by free exchange and voluntary choice.

The parasite seeks power. He wants to bind all men together in common action and common slavery. He claims that man is only a tool for the use of others -- that he must think as they think, act as they act, and live in selfless, joyless servitude to any need but his own.

Look at history: Everything we have, every great achievement has come from the independent work of some independent mind. Every horror and destruction came from attempts to force men into a herd of brainless, soulless robots -- without personal rights, without person ambition, without will, hope, or dignity.

It is an ancient conflict. It has another name: "The individual against the collective."

Our country, the noblest country in the history of men, was based on the principle of individualism, the principle of man's "inalienable rights." It was a country where a man was free to seek his own happiness, to gain and produce, not to give up and renounce; to prosper, not to starve; to achieve, not to plunder; to hold as his highest possession a sense of his personal value, and as his highest virtue his self-respect.

Look at the results. That is what the collectivists are now asking you to destroy, as much of the earth has been destroyed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Think of this before you vote Obama

JbarL

knabe said:
still not clear why anyone needs to know how anyone voted, whether it be for a union or anything else

still not clear or just not accepting it?    its right there in the download you sent to me afew posts ago....in order for a sancioned/recogonized  union to " be invited" to a work place....it must be requested from the employees.....thats the first point i think your missing on protocal......unions are not allowed to just show up at a manufacturing plant or business and start "unionizing".  after contact is made with a union, a general perception of interested employess is "estimated" by the union. a certain percentage of the eligable membership "must" be in favor of even intertaining the unions forum.  not so long ago if yoiu even talked about a union, you were fired, layed off, basically harrassed or intimidated.....because of that, when the local/internation union said it had 35 or 55% interested employees ( signed cards, who's identy was known to only the union officals at that time)....then the company said ..."we dont believe you"...."you have to prove to us that you have  the percentage needed to petition collective bargining here".....so trying to protect the employees anonomity was always the unions intentions to begin with.....the companies found it benificial to no who was voting what.....so maybe they fire or layoff 7 of them and now the percentage isnt high enough....your rights in a union, also include oaths and protocal as a member.....much the sameas a politician .....your dont get to hid under cover of "none of your business" when asked as a politician which party you represnt do you?....i mean it doesnt have to be an ole fashion dem or repub.....it can be libritarian, independent, or even  communist....but it has to be "something"  you have to fill in that blank with "something" to be a member of the house of represenitives.....sooooooooo....as a union member 1) you have to belong to a recogonized local of that union  2) you have to abide by the by laws as a member of that local and international....3) as an elected officer you have another set of by laws and oaths you agree to. so  if you want to be a union member, you better be ready from day one to be accountable for what you signed on for....theres no place to hide once you get in the union , so whats the since in lurkin' around in the shadows tryin to retain some kind of independent status when your trying to join....i think you "understand" just fine knabe ole friend.......i think you just cant get past the concept of trading your strong beliefs of independence as it relates to a livelyhood.....the union atmosphere is just not for you my friend, and alotof other folks as well....but if you were a  union member, you'd be a good one.,  probally a real good one......and i mean that sincerley....its just that i  think you've unintentionally lost the importance that the security and economic ramificaications mean to that class of working people, especially the labor trades.....i suppose there are people who may not have signed the card for that very reason as well....the union atmosphere is not for them either.  not sure how the  other union members on here feel about it, but thats about as close as i can come to try to help you maybe start to "accept it"....then maybe ( if you still think its worth your time) you can try to  understand it........jbarl

knabe

still not clear.  so you have union id card similar to drivers license, ss# address etc to vote, but they don't need to know how i voted in elections, but in union elections, they need to know how i vote?  hm, if it's that difficult to count a union vote, i no longer believe in our election process. 

sorry to be so obtuse, so maybe obama should learn about unions so he can vote up or down instead of present and quit hiding.

so after they know who you are, do they know how you voted?  still not clear on that.

present should be removed from the elected officials options.  what cowardice.

Pelosi: You know what would make Congress more bipartisan? Giving us total control.  with logic like this, it's difficult to understand anything anymore.

Latest posts