146 KB · Views: 200
  • 19543_1089563294994_1703820508_166178_3352738_n.jpg
    19543_1089563294994_1703820508_166178_3352738_n.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 19543_1089563254993_1703820508_166177_58153_n.jpg
    19543_1089563254993_1703820508_166177_58153_n.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 193

Gerard

Would make nice breeding cow we have a 600 head angus operation and 4 show steers I am going to sale her one way or another

savaged

Gerard said:
bouth for 5 k she is wired tight but may be the bomb at OYE next year, thinking of sale!!!

I'd just like to say, being the father of two girls that love to show heifers, that I find your honesty about this heifer's temperament an admiral and rare quality.

Thank you.

Gerard

Yes some one did not give me the advive we have showed her one round she won her class in all but OYE but they fuged the dates and I did not if you stress her she is no fun ie head hair or shots she is broke to tie and lead she prances no meds help but with the price of her dad hate to go to sale barn but I am not into raising club calfs from scratch

Jill

Gerard said:
Yes some one did not give me the advive we have showed her one round she won her class in all but OYE but they fuged the dates and I did not if you stress her she is no fun ie head hair or shots she is broke to tie and lead she prances no meds help but with the price of her dad hate to go to sale barn but I am not into raising club calfs from scratch

I don't have a clue what you are trying to say here??

OH Breeder

Jill said:
Gerard said:

I was trying to figure that out as well....

You showed her once. If she is stressed she is nasty. She doesn't like her head hair messed with or shots. Broke to tie and is pretty cocky in ring. You are not into club calves but realize her poppa is gaining populairty and think she might make someone else a show heifer. Close? ???

Gerard

She is still green broke and has showed does not get by polar unless stressed my 10 year old can catch her and she will tie and lead but I still have not got her where she is calm when clipping head or feet and out of three shows two was ok but she is hard to show and more work than we want may need to go to paster and raise calfs

Gerard

OH Breeder said:
Jill said:
Gerard said:

I was trying to figure that out as well....

You showed her once. If she is stressed she is nasty. She doesn't like her head hair messed with or shots. Broke to tie and is pretty cocky in ring. You are not into club calves but realize her poppa is gaining populairty and think she might make someone else a show heifer. Close? ???
She showed three times and the Ohio breeder i got her and 3 other calfs off last year expected me to take her, i just want to be more honest then someone was with me she coud a good show  calf but she is a high stress calf.

TottenClubCalves

well I just thinking out loud but imo anytime i spend some money on a female my main purpose is because I think she is going to produce some nice offswpring down the road. And don't get me wrong I love to clip and love to fit but I'm not into just buying a hairball and them not doing anything for me down the road. Some heifers as nice as they may be are not meant to show. but by the looks of her she should produce some very nice calves. I would keep her even if she can't be shown. thats just my opinion though  ;D

Gerard

Totten Club Calves said:
well I just thinking out loud but imo anytime i spend some money on a female my main purpose is because I think she is going to produce some nice offspring down the road. And don't get me wrong I love to clip and love to fit but I'm not into just buying a hairball and them not doing anything for me down the road. Some heifers as nice as they may be are not meant to show. but by the looks of her she should produce some very nice calves. I would keep her even if she can't be shown. that's just my opinion though ;D
I hear what you are saying , we have almost 600 head cow calf operation hear and my kids and i enjoy the steer thing better and going and buying them is fun for us and i have ran out of Patience with this one , yes with her blood that is grate a mistake knowing what the monopoly heifers and steers have been doing and i am afraid she will not get better with age she is 1 now and i have been saying she will get better all along but she still wiggs out.

savaged

Anybody else having trouble following this thread?

Let me know ASAP, because if this is making sense to everyone I need to get in to the neurologist like yesterday.

Gerard

savaged said:
Anybody else having trouble following this thread?

Let me know ASAP, because if this is making sense to everyone I need to get in to the neurologist like yesterday.

No its simple she is for sale with new pics , 2k - OBO can see her at Ranch in Morris , OK 40 min south of Tulsa OK sorry for trying to be more honest than the Guy that sold her to me.

Show Heifer

So my understanding is this: You BOUGHT her for $5000. But she has a bad attitude that no one told you about. So now you want to sell her for $2000. She is a GREAT one due to her pedigree, and you hate to sell her, but you have 600 cows already.
If she is for sale (which apparently she is) you need to put this in in the classified section.

To you answer your question "Spring 09 Monoply heifer what IS she worth?"  I would say "If she has a bad attitude, a bit over market price to make a cow out of, and if her attitude really stinks, just pound price."  Sorry.

(The capital letters are corrections, I am not yelling.... just for emphasis.)

Gerard

Show Heifer said:
So my understanding is this: You BOUGHT her for $5000. But she has a bad attitude that no one told you about. So now you want to sell her for $2000. She is a GREAT one due to her pedigree, and you hate to sell her, but you have 600 cows already.
If she is for sale (which apparently she is) you need to put this in in the classified section.

To you answer your question "Spring 09 Monoply heifer what IS she worth?"  I would say "If she has a bad attitude, a bit over market price to make a cow out of, and if her attitude really stinks, just pound price."  Sorry.

(The capital letters are corrections, I am not yelling.... just for emphasis.)
If you say so, i had my coffee this morning!!!!!!

The Show

I'd buy her if I had a use for her. They don't show commercial heifers in Texas so she's only good for raising calves.

Gerard

she did not show commercial , she is Reg Chi heifer we have showed her 4 times this year part of the problem in Oklahoma is people slide birth dates a lot and make the young classes have 300 to 400lb difference and when she got to OYE she was the smallest in the class. She won the class at the local, county and 3 or 4 at the regional level and got blowed out at OYE.

herefordfootball

Gerard said:
she did not show commercial , she is Reg Chi heifer we have showed her 4 times this year part of the problem in Oklahoma is people slide birth dates a lot and make the young classes have 300 to 400lb difference and when she got to OYE she was the smallest in the class. She won the class at the local, county and 3 or 4 at the regional level and got blowed out at OYE.

The birth date thing goes on everywhere sadly. Once in a great while one calf will have an extreme amount of grow, but usually its people papering them a month late.

Gerard

herefordfootball said:
Gerard said:

The birth date thing goes on everywhere sadly. Once in a great while one calf will have an extreme amount of grow, but usually its people papering them a month late.
Yes, we do have the option to go influence class or commercial which goes off hip height and their was some talk of making OYE show all hip height and slick sheer that probably will never go hear in Oklahoma but we are close to the lone star state . The only thing now is they can not go for supreme heifer if they are in those classes.