Spring Break - Anyone going anywhere or just working on the farm?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

I am sneaking away again to go skiing again in Colorado.  Anyone else taking the kids anywhere?

shortyjock89

I'll be in Houston starting this Thursday and spending my weekend there....back on Monday, and it's out to the barn for me.  Then another show the next weekend to wrap it up.

dutch pride

Heading from Michigan to Gulf Shores, AL first week in April. Probably our last year as out youngest will be senior in HS next year and the older two will be both in college and their spring brake is different than the high school. The youngest does not want to go by himself with his parents, imagine that!!!  Wife and I are thinking about saving our pennies and maybe take a trip to Hawaii in a couple years.

DLZ

kane1598

As a college freshman, I am going to hit the beach for a weekend and then go SHOW!! I am more excited for the  showing than for the beach!

JbarL

leaving florida wed.....for ohio till the part of april...(brrrrrrr  plus 20" of snow today aruond columbus....)... i kinda got it backward i think.... :-\...was informed for sure that my 8" muck boots just aint goin'a get it done there ....:eek:.....mud...muddy....muddier.....jbarl

DLD

Market show at the OK Youth Expo is that week. Kinda nice that the kids don't have to miss school for it, but it doesn't leave a whole lot of "break" in spring break.

Rocky Hill Simmental

This is my first spring break ever. My high school/elementry school had an Easter break. Now I'm a freshman in college and get only one day off for Easter and a whole week for no reason.  ???

I'll stay here and watch my cattle of course.  ;D

OH Breeder

JbarL said:
leaving florida wed.....for ohio till the part of april...(brrrrrrr  plus 20" of snow today aruond columbus....)... i kinda got it backward i think.... :-\...was informed for sure that my 8" muck boots just aint goin'a get it done there ....:eek:.....mud...muddy....muddier.....jbarl

I took mine alittle early. I am on it now. I live in Columbus, OH during the week. my farm is north. Columbus broke a snow record that was set in 1910. 20 inches in one day. The previous 1910 record was 15. I am in Miami, FL. I must say, it is beautiful and up an til today has been 84 and sunny. So nice. Helps the bones you know-the sunshine.

red

OH b- I almost took a point away for you being in FLA but decided to give you a point for good timing!

We're going to Columbus next week for the beef expo. Yes, big get away but hey, it's overnight!!!!

Red

char

we will be at the Ohio Beef Expo.....then Easter....then we will go the BEST show in Dover Saturday only.....come home and pack summer clothes because we fly out for DISNEY Monday and fly home Friday... (clapping) can't wait for that....we have never been there....this was our xmas present from the in-laws....but have to make at least one day in Dover as Meg is in the top with her appendix steer...and I doubt we will make it to the Hillsboro show....we will probably be exhausted from our vacation.....I am so excited as this is the first real vacation we have taken as a family other than cattle shows....I will be looking forward to warm weather....and I'm sure my hubby will be too since all he has done is snow plow all winter long.....hope everyone else has a good spring break......Char

fluffer

JbarL said:

The beautiful OHIO  :p  If you don't like the weather, just sick around a few minutes and it will change  ;)  Last week on moday it was so warm I didn't wear a coat all day, yesterday we got 13 inches of snow and down to the single digest for a temp, then by Wed it is supposed to be back up above 50 but then my Sunday it is supposed to be a high of 32.

Our "springbreak trip" was to FL about a month ago.  With calving March and April we have to go early.  We were just south of Tampa and it was GREAT!!!!  My dad is a snow bird and has a condo, so we visited him.

Fluffer

JbarL

i'm about 50 miles north of tampa.....getting close to 80 today.....leaving wednesday and have NO idea of what kind of weather to expect in columbus, springrield area over the weekend.........i know the southern part of ohio isnt quite as snowey and a tick warmer.....but now we are allwatching the rivers and streams.....looks like either a decent hay year or maybe start some rice paddies.... :eek:                jbarl

fluffer

JbarL what are you comming to the area for- if you don't mind sharing  ;)  I am very close to Springfield.

Be prepared for Flooding, raining, snowing, sleeting, freezing, blustry, hot, windy, humid, sunny weather  ;D 

Fluffer

garett

Still bein in HS break isnt until Easter and it sounds like we got things to do--Im pretty sure we have track practice a couple days, and then there is an ag contest we might go to, o brother that one will be a good trip

JbarL

fluffer said:
JbarL what are you comming to the area for- if you don't mind sharing  ;)  I am very close to Springfield.

Be prepared for Flooding, raining, snowing, sleeting, freezing, blustry, hot, windy, humid, sunny weather  ;D 

Fluffer
going to expo fri....friend lives near sprpingield....other friends in marysville....meeting them at the expo fir day afternoon spending most of the weekend there with them at and around the expo....will go to spingfield whenever timimng works out with us both to check out his new calves....( and hit youngs dairy for  some lunch and ice cream.. :eek:  yummy....got hooked on it last year!....then to athens county to see my calves and get to work.... :p.....the rivers are on watch nowand alread over most of the usual places....could be bad down in athens couty by the weekend....i'm sure the sprgfl  cols area is the same....alot of water...( buts its still home ;) ) jbarl

justme

OMG Youngs Dairy.....I'm drooling.  Get the chocolate monster!  If I remember right, Red use to work there!

Davis Shorthorns

I am going to visit friends in Georgia.  Leave this dang cold weather here in Kansas.  They have told me it is 70 + down there right now.  It will be so nice.  8)

NHR

Going to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo for the Junior Heifer show. Crazy thing about the HLSR is that they make you stay all week. Will be heading out Sunday night at 8pm to go and get in line by 1 am Monday morning. Hopefully this will put us in the barn around 7 - 8am. Then spend then next 5 days there. I really wish Houston would do like Ft Worth and just make you spend Thursday through Sunday.