Spring Heifer calf Judging Class 2010: Volume 2

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

Aussie said:
(lol)For all the people that complain about judges on this site they only have to look here. One persons opinion is different to the next.
I was just coming on here to mention that. No judge bashing here. It should prove that a class at a show it just ones man opinion, and the people in the class pay to get it.

caldanmc

frostback said:
Aussie said:
(lol)For all the people that complain about judges on this site they only have to look here. One persons opinion is different to the next.
I was just coming on here to mention that. No judge bashing here. It should prove that a class at a show it just ones man opinion, and the people in the class pay to get it.

the cool part about this post is that dang near everyone has seen them differently, and no one is telling anyone they are wrong...I judge a lot of our county shows in my state, and know that it is just my opinion that day, can admit that someone else will do it different more than likely, and move on. 

The thing that I hate about this post is that I keep looking at it, and as I do, I like the white heifer more and more.  Its kind of like seeing a heifer/steer in a class for the first time, and placing it.  Then you see it again in showmanship, and think to yourself, "man, I probably messed that up!" 

CAB

Stumpy, when are you going to give us your official placings & cuts? It seems like only Oh Breeder and myself nailed the class & notice all that Oh Breeder and myself are the kind of judges that don't even give any reasons just B/C works.

M Bar

After careful consideration, I have elected to place the group as follows

1.  I like her.  I can see her vulva from a far.  she looks pretty and has a small extra chin under her jaw like me.

4.  I like her.  I can find her in the dark without a flashlight.  I don't like her because she will be hard to keep clean.

2.  I like her.  I prefer a blend of red and white to find them after dard without a flaslight.  I don't like because she has a gate sticking out of her back.

3.  I don't like her.  She is too hard to find after dark without a flashlight.

As you can see from my reasons, I need a new flashlight and I will pick them a little different.

bcosu

in response to the previous post, i would put #4 last just for the fact that she will be hard to keep clean. that right there is a deal breaker to me.  (lol)

firesweepranch

I place them like M Bar, but not for his reasons  8) Amazing how the pictures look so different on my screen at work versus my droid!

OH Breeder

M Bar said:

1.  I like her.  I can see her vulva from a far.  she looks pretty and has a small extra chin under her jaw like me.

4.  I like her.  I can find her in the dark without a flashlight.  I don't like her because she will be hard to keep clean.

2.  I like her.  I prefer a blend of red and white to find them after dard without a flaslight.  I don't like because she has a gate sticking out of her back.

As you can see from my reasons, I need a new flashlight and I will pick them a little different.

(clapping)
+2 Karma.
Especially like the gate comment.....

CAB

OH Breeder said:
M Bar said:

(clapping)
+2 Karma.
Especially like the gate comment.....
I had to go back and get a second look @ the gate Shawn!!!

stumpy

Well as far as officials and cuts go there aren't any in this class. Just fun and opinions! I am very happy to see others expose the objective side of animal evaluation. The great part of the "show ring" side of the beef industry is the unknown anticipation of the days opinion. Everyone has their own view and that makes it fun. Every person knows what they like and your kind is the right kind. In this class 1 and 3 are Shorthorn Plus cattle and 2 and 4 are Purebred. Lot 1 is a Proud Jazz in the Social sale in Indiana and 2 as well as 4 are out of TM Gus and will be in Duis Farms sale in Ill as will 3 who is a DF Vegas. I hope you have enjoyed the class as much as I have enjoyed the placings and comments.

Thanks,
Jeff