Spring State for AR and Shorthorn Junior Nationals

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShortyJ13

Hello hello!
I just got home from our Spring State.
I really enjoyed it!; and I must say I saw some amazing cattle! Had my fair share of competition as well, BUT I got reserve grand for Appendix Shorthorn
VERY HAPPY about that!! (clapping)
But the next event I am really excited about is the Shorthorn Junior Nationals.
It will be my first time going...
Really looking forward to the livestock photography seminars that are supposed to be going on; big hobby of mine, photography
But, anyone else going to be there? or been.... how do the shows go there? ???

simmiekr2t012

We had alot of fun didnt we? i got 1st place in my class in low % simmental i didnt get to watch you show though cause i was showing around right when you were but you did good ;D

ShortyJ13

Wow, didn't know you got 1st... you had a different judge than we did though didnt you? It got a bit hectic with them switching so much. HAD FUN, can't wait till October state!! -lol-

simmiekr2t012

yea it did get bit hectic with the 2 rings and the judge was kool tho he just said my cow will do alot better once she gets older and stuff cuz she was the youngest in low % simmental

red

Congratulations to both of you! Good job!

(welcome)  simmiekrt2012

cwfmr181

YOU WILL ENJOY THE JR NATIONALS. ALOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS TO DO. ALTHOUGH FOR US PARENTS IT GETS A BIT LONG. IN THE BEGINING OF THE SHORTHORN JR NATIONALS IT WAS IN SPRINGFIELD ILLINOIS AND IF MY MEMORY IS CORRECT WE WERE THERE FOR ONLY THREE DAYS BECAUSE THEY HAD THE YOUTH CONFERENCES AT A DIFFERENT TIME AND PLACE.  GO HAVE FUN AND MEET AS MANY PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT STATES AS YOU CAN, CAUSE YOU WILL MAKE SOME REALLY GOOD FRIENDS THAT YOU WILL SEE AT THE MAJOR SHOWS ALL OVER. I REALLY MISS GOING TO THE JR NATIONALS ITS BEEN 6 YEARS SINCE I HAD A SHOWMAN TO GO WITH.. IVE BEEN TO 3 OF THEM AT SPRINGFIELD ILLINOIS SO IT SHOWS MY AGE A LITTLE BIT.

shortyjock89

cwfmr181 said:
YOU WILL ENJOY THE JR NATIONALS. ALOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS TO DO. ALTHOUGH FOR US PARENTS IT GETS A BIT LONG. IN THE BEGINING OF THE SHORTHORN JR NATIONALS IT WAS IN SPRINGFIELD ILLINOIS AND IF MY MEMORY IS CORRECT WE WERE THERE FOR ONLY THREE DAYS BECAUSE THEY HAD THE YOUTH CONFERENCES AT A DIFFERENT TIME AND PLACE.  GO HAVE FUN AND MEET AS MANY PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT STATES AS YOU CAN, CAUSE YOU WILL MAKE SOME REALLY GOOD FRIENDS THAT YOU WILL SEE AT THE MAJOR SHOWS ALL OVER. I REALLY MISS GOING TO THE JR NATIONALS ITS BEEN 6 YEARS SINCE I HAD A SHOWMAN TO GO WITH.. IVE BEEN TO 3 OF THEM AT SPRINGFIELD ILLINOIS SO IT SHOWS MY AGE A LITTLE BIT.

Jr. Nat'ls are in Illinois again in 2008...Not in Springfield though..at some county fairground....I guess we'll hafta see how that goes...I'm excited, even though it's alot of work for us juniors that live in IL. Always a good time!