Squeeze Chutes?

Help Support Steer Planet:

BRdoc

I am looking at buying a new squeeze chute. Just wandered what chutes you guys like and why. I am wanting a manual chute, no hydraulics. I run around 50 cows. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

sjcattleco

clubcalve said:
We have a strong hold shute that works really well

I too have a strong hold!  Really like it! I like the feature that you can work the head gate from the rear of the chute!  one man operation!  Great for A I  ing by yourself!

Jill

We have a manual Stampede Steel, we looked for many years before we bought and I guarantee there isn't a better chute out there, we have the double doors that open top and bottom and the palpation cage.

yousesteers

I like the FOR MOST that is what all the Vets around here run also I just have not been able to justify it yet

ROAD WARRIOR

I have two Formost chutes- a model 350 that is portable and a stationary model 450. I have worked in about every type of chute made due to the nature of my business and compared all of the major brands as well as alot of the short line brands. My choice for stationary chutes is easily the 450 Formost, I have a head table and palpation cage, both sides swing wide open or you can swing the doors on the top half open individuallyand the bottom half also folds downfor access to the entire underside of the cow. It has full squeeze from both sides and an adjustable width bottom. Mine came equiped with a drop gate at the back of the palpation cage that I replaced with a split gate that you can opperate from any point of the chute. When all of the doors are shut it is virtually impossible for an animal to get a leg out through the side unlike alot of other chutes that have open bars up the side (I call them leg breakers!). I have worked bulls that weighed close to 3000 lbs and calves that week old in my Formost and you can adjust the settings on it in a matter of seconds. RW

beefy

we have a powder river setup. xl manual chute and the system 2000 preg cage , 30 ' alley and tub behind it. has 2 seperate alley's one leads to large chute and the other to the calf table. very tough equipment. the set up was bought in spring of 2000 and has had over 7900 trips made through it and nothing is bent or broke. i would not trade it for any other brand but thats just my experience.      <cowboy>

justintime

I don't have one yet, but I also think the Stampede Steel chute is one of the very best on the market.  Most Stampede chutes also have a head gate that is open and shut from the back of the chute. This really makes sense, and I wonder why we were so slow to figure that out here. I had a Aussie come over to help us show, one fall,and he said that all chutes he knew of in Australia were built to be worked from the back.

We have a couple of Pearson chutes with alleys that have worked well, but have seen far too many thousands of cattle go through them. They were one of the better chute systems when we got them, and they still work, but they are not in the same league as some of the newer ones out now.There is a hydraulic Stampede chute at our bull test, and one person could work a pile of cattle by themselves if they had too.

Blake

ROAD WARRIOR said:
I have two Formost chutes- a model 350 that is portable and a stationary model 450. I have worked in about every type of chute made due to the nature of my business and compared all of the major brands as well as alot of the short line brands. My choice for stationary chutes is easily the 450 Formost, I have a head table and palpation cage, both sides swing wide open or you can swing the doors on the top half open individuallyand the bottom half also folds downfor access to the entire underside of the cow. It has full squeeze from both sides and an adjustable width bottom. Mine came equiped with a drop gate at the back of the palpation cage that I replaced with a split gate that you can opperate from any point of the chute. When all of the doors are shut it is virtually impossible for an animal to get a leg out through the side unlike alot of other chutes that have open bars up the side (I call them leg breakers!). I have worked bulls that weighed close to 3000 lbs and calves that week old in my Formost and you can adjust the settings on it in a matter of seconds. RW
i agree, we too have the split tailgate and it is amazing

Latest posts